What Did You Get For Xmas That Is Geocaching

CamoCacher

:D GEOCOINS!! :P

Santa (Myself) got them for me!! :D:D

There is one wrapped package under the tree that has a suspicious shape similar to an ammo can though! :D

It's off limits to pick up and shake though, so I'm not sure. ;)

That's funny! :D

Two years ago, if I'd got an empty ammo can as a present, I'd thought it was a joke. But now, ;) !!!

:P:P:P:P:P:D

D-man B)

This time tomorrow night, Christmas Eve, I will know what I am getting. I think I will be getting a Multi Sensor Wristwatch with a electronic compass and altimeter from my son and a new pair of Karhharts from my daughter. And of course the usual stuff. Dick, W7WT

santa.jpg

Yeah Santa blew in last year and totaled my house. You know, he was carrying somewhere around 353,000 tons of presents and came in cruising at about 650 miles per second. (Harden, 1996) I got word that poor Rudolf had to endure 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy per second. Ooooooh my. Thats gotta hurt. It’s always annoying to me when they go over cuz they produce such a deafening sonic boom in their wake every time. :D It’s funny that most people don’t hear it. Can you believe it, the entire reindeer team should have been vaporized in no more than 4.26 thousandths of a second! Santa, meanwhile, is always subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. Even if he weighed in at a slim 250 pounds (which seems ludicrous) he would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force. Ouch. :D

Soooo, I must say that my house was totaled at the moment Saint Nick arrived and attempted to plunge into my basement via the chimney that pokes through the roof. Nice.

No bother, my wife got me Photoshop CS2 so that I can doctor up images that I plan to use in puzzle caches.

Reference

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/7474/ohsanta.html

Merry Christmas

-it ;)

Two 1 watt Luxeon Star flashlights

One Xenon headlamp

Audubon mammals of North America field guide

Audubon Reptiles and Amphibians field guide

and a "No Boundaries Spirit of Adventure" Photo book/coffee table book

Wow are there some great places to hide a cache in there.

Amazingly I have already found 3 pictures of places I have already visited the exact spot of the photos, just 93 more and I won't need the book to dream about these amazing places.

:o

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth

Every body stops

and stares at me

These two teeth are

gone as you can see

I don't know just who

to blame for this catastrophe!

But my one wish on Christmas Eve

is as plain as it can be!

All I want for Christmas

is my two front teeth,

my two front teeth,

see my two front teeth!

Gee, if I could only

have my two front teeth,

then I could wish you

"Merry Christmas."

It seems so long since I could say,

"Sister Susie sitting on a thistle!"

Gosh oh gee, how happy I'd be,

if I could only whistle (thhhh, thhhh)

All I want for Christmas

is my two front teeth,

my two front teeth,

see my two front teeth.

Gee, if I could only

have my two front teeth,

then I could wish you

"Merry Christmas!"

:o

I'm dreaming of a warm Christmas

So I can geocache you know

And the trade items glisten, And no caches are missin'

Because they're buried in the snow.

I'm dreaming of a warm Christmas

Although I know it's not the norm

May your days be spared from freak storms

And may all your Christmases be warm

Yeah, I know it's lame, but I just woke up.

Merry Christmas from the Crew!

Here's another one. But this is it, I swear! :o

Wading through the snow

With a Gps today

Going where I don’t know

It won’t point the way

Find this stupid thing

Before I lose the light

It’s no fun to cache

And burn without a find tonight

Ohhhh…

Old golf balls Old golf balls

That is what they say

You can find in any cache

That’s been there for a day

Hey!

Old golf balls Old golf balls

That is what they say

You can find in any cache

That’s been there for a day

B)

I bought myself a tiny new palm Zire Z22, since the screen on the m500 went dark. In my family we gave up spending money on each other years ago, we just buy for the kids. But I was able to buy the Palm without a second thought because my agents at the office were very generous to me! We had our family Christmas dinner last night, I'm on vacation, and I'm going to load this baby up with cache pages for NY and VT and take of on Monday!

I'm going to have to dig up the old Caching Carols thread aren't I?

But all I really wanted for Christmas was peace on Earth.

Two years ago, Santa brought me a a geocaching boyfriend!

Last year, said boyfriend brought me a didgtal camera to cache with.

This year I am only aware of one geocaching-related present, a pair of convertable gloves to make signing logbooks easier in frigid weather - though there could be a geo-surprise under the tree for me tomorrow!

The bestest Christmas adventure ever!!!!! :)

My hubby came up with a most elaborate scheme, with the help of The VillaKids :) ... here's the scoop:

He went outside & took our home coords on the GPS...applied them to the front door of our house. He then got MadChild (14 y.o. daughter) to draw a pretty precise replica of the bottom floor of our house using grid paper; she used transparencies & Sharpies & drew a replica of the top floor (in relation to the bottom floor). The "blueprint" was then marked off on the grid in "degrees," using one square for each 10 "minutes" on the grid paper.

In my stocking, I received nothing but the rolled up blueprints that were titled: "Your Christmas Geocaching Adventure 2005" and a set of coordinates for, essentially, the first stage of a very elaborate multi-stage cache, with each set of coordinates leading to gifts increasing in size/value/significance. The best part was that he also used the concept of a GPS unit not accounting for elevation, so I had to find the coords on the blueprint, decide where the spot would be on EACH floor, and check both places! :P

My gifts ranged in size/value from a MOTHER LODE of Butterfinger Minis (my all-time fave munch) :) to my first Louis Vuitton tote/purse (for years, joked that he needed to get me one... my initials are "LV," so we joked I could have the best-ever "monogrammed" purse ) :)

The gifts that were somewhat geocaching-related were a Tamrac photographers' vest (10 pockets which I will also use to carry swag, CITO containers, & extra pens) and a pair of Canon 15x50 Image Stabilizing All Weather binoculars!!!! :)

This has got to be the very best Christmas EVER!!! :)

Happy Cachin'!

Lori V.

TeamVilla5

I got the eXplorist 600, 512 SD card, car charger, carrying case, DirectRoute and an instructional DVD...only one problem, no battery with the 600 :P I have e-mailed the company AND purchased another one on e-bay AND I am going out tomorrow to see if I can find one locally (I don't mind having too many spares!)

Doc