Manhattan Urban Cachers Coin Series

SilverMarc

They look cool. ;)  I like the Skateboard Series.

--Marky

Glad you like it - the art went through two different artists before it was "coin-ready"!

Here is the info that appears with the Coin Edition:

This is the 1st Three-Coin Set of the Series. Price will be $20 per Set including US shipping. Limited to 2 Sets per buyer. PayPal will be enabled here (follow link) about January 1st. Larger versions visible in my Trading List http://cointracking.com/public/SilverMarc

--Marc

December 23, 2005 @ 6:05 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many are to be minted?

I know the cointracking page says 200, but I also know that this stat is not always accurate on that site. So....?

There will be 50 more than the total ordered so I can actually "cache" about 30 sets and keep about 20 for trades. Right now it looks like it'll be 250 sets.

--Marc

December 29, 2005 @ 5:00 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Regarding the Manhattan Urban Cachers coin set - I have not finalized the details with the mint so I will not open the PayPal gateway for payments yet until I am certain of all the costs, etc.

If you are on the list you do not have to worry about paying quickly or missing out - I'll give you plenty of time so don't worry!

Manhattan Urban Cachers Coin List

Happy New Year, and Happy Trading!

--Marc

January 1, 2006 @ 11:47 AM

N40° 46.565 W073° 58.756

I am so happy with the Coin Artist I've found (a true expert in simplification which is necessary for good coin design!) that I've already started the creation of the 2nd Manhattan Urban Cachers Set!

There is no sign up list yet, don't panic or go crazy! And it won't be available (or even listed) until I've pre-designed the other two coins I have in mind, but everyone in the current Manhattan Urban Cachers Set list will get an email with updates, and I'll post them here too, so subscribe to this topic.

Here's the Flying Pigeon Series Coin (were you ever on this end of one of their near-miss fly-bys?):

SilverMarc_trade_coin_pigeon_Front100.jpg

Happy Trading!

--Marc

January 6, 2006 @ 9:14 PM

I am so happy with the Coin Artist I've found (a true expert in simplification which is necessary for good coin design!) that I've already started the creation of the 2nd Manhattan Urban Cachers Set!

I to have turned to this artist and he has done a great job with my new Damenace Geocoin design. Thank you Jamie.

Woo-hoo! I didn't realize the manhattan coins were being done by Jamie also.

So he just draws the coin ideas and then you take his artwork to the coins folks. Is that right?? Are his charges reasonable for the artwork?

Yep. His fees are pretty standard for the work envolved.

I will show you a progression - I took my idea to an artist not involved in geocoins and he put my rough sketches to a preliminary mechanical. But it really wouldn't have worked as a coin.

UrbanCoinSamsRoughs.jpg

1st Artist's Rendering

SilverMarc_trade_coin_subway_5_Front100.jpgSilverMarc_trade_coin_skateboard_5_Front100.jpgSilverMarc_trade_coin_taxi_5_Front100.jpg

Jamie's Results

Jamie took these results and worked them into what I saw in my mind for the set - clean, precise, and "coin-like." Here's the link if you're interested in pre-ordering: Manhattan Urban Cachers Set

On the Flying Pigeon coin, he hit the mark on the first try! Here's the "paste-up" I sent him from three separate images I found of "pigeon parts" on the net, and then his rendering.

coin_pigeon_ROUGH300.jpgSilverMarc_trade_coin_pigeon_Front100.jpg

Happy Trading!

--Marc

January 7, 2006 @ 12:44 AM

Edited by SilverMarc
Hey Marc, Any update from the mint on the series 1?  I'm wondering how far off you are from putting up the paypal link and having the final coins delivered.

I found out from another source that the mint has actually been closed this entire week - they're all on vacation. I expect my three phone messages will be returned on Monday. I want to give them "first option" as I have seen their results with these kinds of coins previously.

--Marc

January 7, 2006 @ 10:43 AM

:lol: Paid!

OK OK! These are about as far away from being Southen States coins as you can get without leaving the US States, but like the Spinner Coins they are just too cool to resist!! :P

(And the Canine Cacher coins, and the DNF coins, and the ... :unsure:;) )

I ain't doing to well at just sticking with Southern States coins, am I?!!? :anibad:

:P:P

Early next week I'll be letting the mint know how many Manhattan Urban Cacher coin sets to produce based on the prepaid buyers. If there are less than 200 coin sets pre-paid, I'll drop the total to be struck to 200 sets.

There are about 220 sets listed, but not everyone will ultimately purchase, and I don't intend to make more than a couple of dozen extra sets for trading and for caches.

If you're interested in buying, don't wait, as once I see how many are actually wanted, that old "get 'em while they're hot!" scenario will be in play.

The mint expects a 3 week turnaround, so these should be in our hands without too long of a lag time.

Manhattan Urban Cachers Coin Set Order List

Happy Trading!

--Marc

January 10, 2006 @ 6:37 PM

N40° 46.565 W073° 58.756

Two of the three coin art mechanicals have come in from the mint for approval, the 3rd is due later today.

I will approve the art after addressing minor changes, and I'll inform the mint of the numbers of coins to produce. Once that number is in, the PayPal will stay on, but when we approach the limit it will be shut off and the way to obtain sets will be by trading.

Manhattan Urban Cachers

Here are the mechanicals (the Taxi Series mechanical will be posted later).

SkateboardMechanicalWeb.jpg

SubwayMechanicalWeb.jpg

TaxiMechanicalWeb.jpg

And this is a soon to be released coin:

PigeonMechanicalWeb.jpg

Happy Trading!

--Marc

January 13, 2006 @ 1:46 PM

:D Paid!

OK OK! These are about as far away from being Southen States coins as you can get without leaving the US States, but like the Spinner Coins they are just too cool to resist!! ;)

(And the Canine Cacher coins, and the DNF coins, and the ... :lol:  :) )

I ain't doing to well at just sticking with Southern States coins, am I?!!? :D

:D  :D

Here's our next meeting: Geocoin Collectors Anonymous Meeting :D

Since I'm looking at my outside work (gee, now "Coins" are reality and real-world paying projects are "outside work"... Don't tell my wife!) starting to punch out essential blocks of my available time, I'm releasing the 4th Coin of the six-coin Manhattan Urban Cachers Series now, so I can focus on work. Coins Five and Six have been visualized, but I'm not moving any further on artwork for them until Spring at the earliest.

I'll plan a Manhattan Urban Cachers Coin Event in the Spring too, as get togethers are always great fun.

PayPal isn't enabled for this single coin yet, but list yourself if you're interested and you'll be Group Emailed from the list with all info. If you're already getting the 1st three coins, I expect you'll get the same numbered coin for this one as well (I'm trying to make sure all purchasers get identical numbered coins across the series.)

Manhattan Urban Cachers Flying Pigeon Series

Happy Trading!

--Marc

Edited by SilverMarc

As promised, I've added the link showing the Taxi Coin (scroll up about 4 posts to see it), so the Manhattan Urban Cachers 2006 Series is ready for production.

Note: The PayPal gateway for the 3-coin set will be turned off tomorrow, and the number of purchased coins will determine the total mint run for the series.

Manhattan Urban Cachers 3-Coin Set

But: I've opened the PayPal gateway for the Flying Pigeon Coin, the 4th coin of the series - and anyone who is ordering it along with the 3-coin set will get matching numbers for all 4 coins. The Flying Pigeon coin is the same price, $6.00 per coin plus shipping.

Flying Pigeon Series

--Marc

January 17, 2006 @ 6:22 PM

I've had some emails asking about the 2 set limit for these coins, so I thought to myself about my reasons for having a limit. I guess it's because I want to make these coins available so people can keep a set, still have some to trade, but not be able to over collect. But one person succinctly said, "Who cares how many anyone collects," and I had to think about that.

I am doing some back and forth with the mint while they finalize the artwork, and I haven't had to "lock in" the number of coins to produce yet, so if anyone wants to order more I'll increase the limit to 4 sets. Just go ahead and add a new listing, then use the Update Checkmark on the new listing to order one to three more sets if you want to buy the limit of 4 sets.

Manhattan Urban Cachers 3-Coin Set

Manhattan Urban Cachers Flying Pigeon Coin

Happy Trading!

--Marc

January 18, 2006 @ 6:31 PM

when are these shipping?

The images you see are the coin samples, and there were some problems and errors. I'm a stickler, so the coin mint agreed to redo the dies and run another evaluation set, which I hope to see this week in photos. I expect that they'll be correct for this sample run, and then as soon as I get them, I'm ready here with mailers, labels for the USPS Click-n-Ship, and plenty of strong packing tape.

You know from the exceptional results of my previous coin, the SilverMarc New York City coin, that I pay a lot of attention to the planning and pre-production part of the process, so that the results are exactly as I envisioned.

Sorry, for the wait, but the process has been moving forward all along, evidenced by the actual sample coins that are now pictured.

Happy Trading!

--Marc

March 1, 2006 @ 8:40 PM

Edited by SilverMarc
Any updates on shipping of this series?

Thanks

The mint will be emailing photos of the sample coins from the re-done dies on March 11th (there were some errors between the artwork and the samples which are being corrected.)

I expect the new samples to be perfect, I expect to okay the production run, and I expect to receive the coins as soon as the mint finishes them and ships them to me. Then I will ship them out to everyone the next day!

I'm looking forward to them also, and it's been longer then I wanted but the mint (CoinsAndPins.com) has worked with me every step of the way to get these just the way I want them. I'm the stickler here, for the record, but I don't want anyone to be unhappy with the coins they'll receive.

Happy Trading!

--Marc

March 9, 2006 @ 4:19 PM