Who Places The Best Caches In Your Area?

CoyoteRed

We live in an area full of amazing cachers and amazing hides. We are so luckeee!

If I had to pick one hider as a favorite, it would have to be Luvs2Yak. His hides are always fun and in memorable and beautiful places, and he takes the time to make them really interesting and often uses great, fun camouflage. And, if I may continue to gush, his coorinates are always absolutely riiiight on the money. We oughta have a caucus with him about how he gets such accurate numbers for his hides, I am sure he takes a great deal of time doing it.

So Luvs2Yak, this bud's for you! Thanks for the fun caches. B)

In the Tucson, AZ area I am always impressed with The Cow Spots puzzle caches. They are enjoyable and difficult, but not too frustrating, and they all are different.

Also, the Mule Ears out of Sierra Vista place amusing caches, excellent puzzles and/or #$% kicking bushwacks. And they never place a cache somewhere where you wouldn't want to be.

Edited by Silny Jako Bek
I prefer to lurk, having never posted before, but I need to give credit where it is due.  When I started this madness last March in Massachusetts, Geometry’s caches gave me the fits.  Now Bigrock95 and Loch Cache have stepped up and made some creative and innovative hides.  And let’s not forget Bubba Riley’s Middlesex Canal series.

Thanks guys.

My list exactly!

I have been a big fan of Geometry caches from the very beginning (July of 2003 for me)! They are both mentally and physically challenging.

And when I read the title of this thread, Bubba Riley's Middlesex Canal Series came immediately to mind, and the multitude of quality puzzle caches Bubba has created for all of us. Bubba's Middlesex Canal series was so good that the entire geocaching community in this area held a dinner event, Dinner and Caching at the Baldwin Mansion to reminisce about our experiences while solving it and to honor and thank Bubba! Bubba Riley even received a citation from the Historical Commission of the City of Woburn for preserving the memory of the canal! Bubba was also presented with two special geocoins, Appreciating Bubba Riley and Jonathan Geocoin and Cousin Bubba's Geocoin for her excellent work on this epic cache series. One of these coins, "Appreciating Bubba" now travels with its own puzzle (created by...Bubba, of course!) which, when solved, reveals the coordinates to yet another puzzle cache called FB!

And recently, both Loch Cache and Bigrock95 have created quite a stir with their excellent Shaker (Shady) Glen, Woburn and Shaker Glen II caches, not to mention Loch's devious Rings of Rihanis and Bigrock95's elaborate and challenging Trusting the Numbers? caches!

I consider myself extremely fortunate to live in this area, surrounded by such wonderful cache creators!

Edited by Goldfinch593
In the Tucson, AZ area I am always impressed with The Cow Spots puzzle caches. They are enjoyable and difficult, but not too frustrating, and they all are different.

Also, the Mule Ears out of Sierra Vista place amusing caches, excellent puzzles and/or #$% kicking bushwacks. And they never place a cache somewhere where you wouldn't want to be.

I agree with your assesment Silny other than that you should have added a few others

ShadowAce-Good puzzles (though I have never solved any)

Silny Jako Bek-If you want clever (and usually difficult) micros (I havent had a chance to find most of your caches but I would never pass one up.

also

Wily Javalina for his desert hikes and some puzzles

and

Lowcats for easy micros that are still not quite lame

In the Tucson, AZ area I am always impressed with The Cow Spots puzzle caches.  They are enjoyable and difficult, but not too frustrating, and they all are different.

Thank you, Silny. But we are really just carrying out the will of the mighty Kaidoz.

My nominees for Tucson-area Siggies would be:

• Silny Jako Bek fantastic craftsmanship and a wicked sense of fun
  • CowSpots brilliantly conceived and executed puzzles
  • Mindfulness well-planned backcountry bushwhacks
  • Wily Javelina lifetime achievement award (though he's come out of retirement lately...)

In northern NJ its Treequest and Team Rampant Lion.  They have they have both combined quantity with quality, placing excellent, traditional caches in some very interesting areas.  No guardrail and supermarket micros for these guys. Treequest is particulary good at finding out of the way, interesting spots (my favorite of Treequest's  is in a narrow    mine shaft that goes 100+ feet into the hillside), while Team Rampant Lion is known for  some challenging hikes in areas that are not widely known to hikers. Treequest makes his own containers and they are often built with a specific area in mind, while TRL leaves well stocked ammo boxes.

In central NJ its  Natureboy44 and Ekitt10. I haven't found many of their caches but they have a good rep. Unlike Treequest and TRL who place mostly traditional caches, Natureboy and Ekitt10 tend towads puzzle caches and tougher hides.

I totally agree with briansnat on all these choices and also his other note regarding jonboy's Hudson Valley, New York caches. But, I definitely would add Brian's (many) own caches to the list of really enjoyable mountain treks.

I am slowly becoming a fan of puzzle caches thanks to tvnewsbiz. They are puzzles that require some research, some thinkig skills, yet aren't so hard that you give up completely on them! And he is willing to give hints that don't give them away - yet are very helpful. And he also tends to put some area history in them...making them very interesting!

As far as regular caches - I love the ISQ series - great history! Great caches also by Strohem, Bad Majec and IMM (although I can't seem to be able to figure out his puzzle caches).

You can't go wrong with any cache by...

Ellspops

It's not that his caches are full of goodies, or that they are hidden so it takes an hour to find them. Most of them seem to be micros, and we don't particularly enjoy micros. It's the fact that most of his caches have great stories to go along with them. I don't know if he makes them up or not, but they are fun and they fit in amazingly well sometimes with the caches placement/surroundings.

Add to that, that I don't think I've done a cache of his that I didn't receive a kind note in my inbox thanking me for the visit and comenting on my comments. He is truely a kind hearted cacher. I have never met him, but he is the kind of cacher that keeps us in the game.

Ohgr