Ot - Any Footy Fans Out There?

lathama

slightly off topic but within topic.................> A man had great tickets for the WORLD CUP Final. As he sits

down,another man comes over and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.

"No,"he says. "The seat is empty." "This is incredible!" said the man.

"Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the WORLD CUP

Final, the biggest sporting event in the universe and not use it?"

He says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. My wife was supposed

To come with me, but she passed away. This is the first WORLD CUP Final we haven't been to together since we got married." "Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't

you find someone else - a friend or relative, or even a neighbour

to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head. "No they're all at the funeral."

I suppose if you wanted to, you could get all shirty about this topic being bumped on several occasions and it has got completely nothing to do with Geocaching what so ever?? :anicute::P

But I wouldn't like to be a stick in the mud so I won't!! :D:D

You have a perfectly valid point, however I consider this to be a "Grandfathered" topic so I'll let it continue. Also it doesn't generate a lot of "off topic" replies :D

I suppose if you wanted to, you could get all shirty about this topic being bumped on several occasions and it has got completely nothing to do with Geocaching what so ever?? :ph34r:B)

But I wouldn't like to be a stick in the mud so I won't!! B):huh:

You have a perfectly valid point, however I consider this to be a "Grandfathered" topic so I'll let it continue. Also it doesn't generate a lot of "off topic" replies :(

Could i also point out that all people who are participating in the league ARE cachers

Could i also point out that all people who are participating in the league ARE cachers

:):unsure::blink:

Quality that has really made me chuckle. Unless you are advertising it anywhere else you aren't going to get anyone except for cachers!

Like I said, I don't want to be a stick in the mud. I was just trying to make the point that people whinge about off topic threads, but will participate if they like the actual topic. For me it's all about principles!

I personaly don't mind any off topic thread, I have that wee 'x' box to click if I want to get rid of it.

Ok,

Season 4 is here.

Anyone interested?

Details again to save you scrolling back up:

This is a bit of light hearted fun. Possibly a way to get cachers to compete with eachother.

Come and join me at http://www.xperteleven.com

Once you have joined (ITS FREE) log into the site and search for league ID 45538

I will then accept you and we can start playing!

I think the response to date says it all - that and the fact that nearly half the posts have been from the original writer. To answer the original question:

NO

I dont mean to cause offence jerry but there is no need to be so vicious about it!

I will always ask my FRIENDS if they want to join!

<snip>I dont mean to cause offence jerry but there is no need to be so vicious about it!

I will always ask my FRIENDS if they want to join!

Vicious? It was meant to be emphatic. Vicious would've involved a :D:D:D series :D

Edited to add that, in retrospect, I should have added a :D smiley in my original post. Sorry :D

Edited by jerryo