Myrtle Beach Area Caches?

TEAM RETRIEVER

I agree with tands on the Atalaya Cache at Huntington Beach. There are a couple of other caches also in that state park but the house, history and grounds there are amazing. You could spend hours there just taking in the history and beauty of the place. Myrtle Beach State Park also has a few nice caches as well as the old Air Force Base that DiskDevil mentioned. I never ventured far enough north to do Vareen Memorial Gardens. I will have to add that one to my own to do list.

Thanks everyone! I'll add some of these to my watchlist and have to find a few while we're down there.

Would really like to find a good cache on the old Air Force base!!!! I was stationed at Shaw AFB (up near Sumter, SC) in the early '90's and we visited Myrtle Beach quite a bit. I remember when they closed the Myrtle Beach base. :o

There's lots of housing in there, several parks, including dog park, soccer fields, etc. Yes, any one can go in there. There are quite a few caches there that are good. MB State Park has around 4 or 5 really good ones too...ammo cans!

Like others have said, there are plenty of drive-up micros in just about every shopping center and many restaurants.

I like the old Air force base. I am a little partial, since I have placed of couple of those caches. Within the area, you can find quite a few caches. One of the best is Take Off. It is not really hard, but you can sit for a while and watch the planes take off from Myrtle Beach International Airport.

check my gallery to see some pics from Myrtle. The only cache I would be careful on is the park in the middle of town. All we found were homeless people creeping around behind us. All we found was a drug pipe where the cache was supposed to be.

The state park had a really good one. Had to walk out on a foot bridge over a swamp. I have a pic of that one in the gallery.

We're from WV and had a good time. We tried to cache at least once every day.