Locking 'vc'

ChapterhouseInc

I have a better idea. Email the owner of the TB and tell them that GC.com will lock out their bug, even though they PAID to have it. Would have been nice if GC emailed those who had Virtual TBs and ask them to change it or retire it themselves instead of just taking away the use of the tracking number. I won't buy another set of TB tags because of this.

I have a better idea. Email the owner of the TB and tell them that GC.com will lock out their bug, even though they PAID to have it. Would have been nice if GC emailed those who had Virtual TBs and ask them to change it or retire it themselves instead of just taking away the use of the tracking number. I won't buy another set of TB tags because of this.

There probably should be an "accepted use" policy posted somewhere on the page when you buy them, if they are going to enforce the policy. However, I agree with the policy as it stands. It is quite easy to make your own travelbug tags with a heat laminator and a printer if you lose both the original and copy tags. There is no reason (IMHO) to make a travel bug into a virtual bug when you can just as easily make it back into a real travel bug.

--Marky

Edit: P.S. Why is this in the geocoin forum? Everyone knows geocoins don't travel. :rolleyes:

Edited by Marky
<snip>....... I agree with the policy as it stands. It is quite easy to make your own travelbug tags with a heat laminator and a printer if you lose both the original and copy tags. There is no reason (IMHO) to make a travel bug into a virtual bug when you can just as easily make it back into a real travel bug.

--Marky

Edit: P.S. Why is this in the geocoin forum? Everyone knows geocoins don't travel. :)

OR, you can engrave the travelbug number somehow on a Susan B. Anthony or Sacajeweah dollar - and have your own redneck trackable geocoin! :P Think of the possibilities, instead of "Where's George?" it would be "Where's Susan?" ..... :)

It seems you can get your number back, but you'll have to make it an ACTUAL traveler.

It seems you can get your number back, but you'll have to make it an ACTUAL traveler.

There still should have been email sent out to everyone explaining their stand on Virtual TBs before they locked them out. If nothing else, they should have posted a note on the TB's page explaining how you can get the number you paid for back. The forums aren't a great way to give out information like this, seeing as most people don't use them. It was just a bad way for GC.com to handle things.

There still should have been email sent out to everyone explaining their stand on Virtual TBs before they locked them out. If nothing else, they should have posted a note on the TB's page explaining how you can get the number you paid for back. The forums aren't a great way to give out information like this, seeing as most people don't use them. It was just a bad way for GC.com to handle things.

Thats something you'll need to take up with Jeremy, who seems to feel there was no warning needed since virtuals were an abuse of the tracking system.

I agree the problem could have been handled differently (like cracking down a year ago instead of now), but I'm not in charge B) .