Pocket Pc Software

mmiiimp5

I have and hp 3115 with MS pocket pc 2003 and a bluetooth gps unit, I also have tom tom 5 and pocket streets but neither of them really seem to do the trick for geocaching, i also looked into Navio but i didnt like that it didnt have maps unless you imported them.

is anyone else using their pocket pc if so what software are you using?

Thanks

Christopher

I have and hp 3115 with MS pocket pc 2003 and a bluetooth gps unit, I also have tom tom 5 and pocket streets but neither of them really seem to do the trick for geocaching, i also looked into Navio but i didnt like that it didnt have maps unless you imported them.

is anyone else using their pocket pc if so what software are you using?

Thanks

Christopher

Hope this can help. I have a HP Ipaq Z-1710 and I use GPXsonar but only to download cache pages. Works very well. Not sure about maps feature.

http://gpxsonar.homeip.net/default.aspx

Edited by Nomade

That's the nice thing about PPC's - If you don't like the current nav software, go get another!

Take a look at:

Mapopolis - Vehicle navigation software and has utilities to import GPX

TomTom for PDA's - Vehicle navigation

BeeLineGPS - Makes your PPC work like a traditional handheld GPS receiver. Tracks, waypoints, goto. Allows you to download GPX files for cache navigation and management.

I have a Dell X30 I use for the Cache Pages via GPX Sonar and it works great. I also have a Garmin GPS 10 for my Dell but have not used it to hunt any caches. I leave that to my V. The 10 appears to be able to handle the task but carrying it out seems a bit too much. It takes enough abuse when I am sitting down much less out in the brush or on a trail. The 10 has been great in the car for long trips since it can hold much more mapping than the V.

Greetings,

I have an HP Compaq 5555 with the NavMan add-on GPS sleeve and software. I find this unit Great for driving in the car or taking on a road trip. For geocaching the software can work, but it's VERY basic and can lead to alot of walking around. I purchased CacheDragon software for the IPAQ specifically for geocachine, and it works pretty good. It has more of the features you would expect for geocaching, including breadcrumb trails. It also stores and reads downloaded data from geocaching.com very nicely. I REALLY like being able to read other people's visit logs to a cache, and sometimes the hints, while out searching.

It's not perfect by any means, but seems to be a good addition to help you out.

My only problem with caching with the PPC is keeping it dry. The unit is expensive and not built well for the outdoors....