Wearable Gps

Resu Eman

I wear a Garmin Rino 130 on my upper left shoulder. I have not found the "perfect" way to mount it yet, but am still trying. My currently best method is a folded ziplock "pocket" duct taped to the arm of my coat. With it mounted on the outside of my shoulder, high up... the antenna can see the sky well and it is close to my ear for communication use. This location also makes it easy to put into and remove from the pocket for looking at the display when necessary.

I have not liked the elastic wrap around arm bands, although there are several available which will work with many GPSr units to make them wearable. The closest I've come in that category was an MP3 player called "Action Jacket". The reason I do not like arm band carriers are the constriction of blood flow in that arm and the lower mounting position. Cold fingers and less sky view for the antenna.

I'm still looking for the perfect carrier. I think it will be some form of detachable pocket that can be worn over another garmet.... Maybe a GPS Cape! :P

If anyone finds one let me know.... Please!

MagicTogether - Alaska