What Is The Most Useful Thing You've Ever...

4leafclover

I have a little coin purse that I use as my wallet that I found in a cache a long time ago. I use it every single day.

Of course my computer desk at home it literally littered with little items that I have taken from caches over the past two years...But I am talking useful.

Just a little thing that crosses my mind everytime I get my debit card out....

so, how 'bout you?

Memories... sweet, sweet memories.  Now where did I... hmm.... who are you again?  I know I left me key here somewhere...  What were we talking about?

Seriously, I found a compass in a cache once, and I used it for a long time before it became unusable.

I assume you traded your sanity for that, right?

:lol:

I take great offense at that remark. At no time in my history have I ever been medically determined to be sane.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to tiptoe through the tulips. *tips derby hat*

The most useful things I've ever gotten from a cache trip......Let's see, there's

Mopar, GeoHo, CT Trampers, Ttepee, Yodadog, Barefoot & Lisa, 1Naturemom, dboggny&SR, ClayJar, The Alabama Rambler, and the list goes on and on and on........I'd have to say it would be my new circle of friends. With that I'm filthy rich, and I don't need anything else.

The most useful things I've ever gotten from a cache trip......Let's see, there's

Mopar, GeoHo, CT Trampers, Ttepee, Yodadog, Barefoot & Lisa, 1Naturemom, dboggny&SR, ClayJar, The Alabama Rambler, and the list goes on and on and on........I'd have to say it would be my new circle of friends. With that I'm filthy rich, and I don't need anything else.

:unsure: I LOVE YOU PLANET!!

Don't ya just love her?! She speaks the truth!

It is the intangible swag that is the most useful! Heck, all the usefull swag is obtainable at wallyworld, however, forever kinships are remarkable treasures that have a lifetime warrantee!

:unsure: Leslie

Kind of silly, but right after I started caching Mrs. Parrot and I were in the process of remodeling one of the bathrooms in our house. This bathroom was to be green and had a frog "theme" to it. Right before we started painting, I found a largish rubber stamp in a cache of a smiling frog on a lily pad. That stamp came home with me and we used it to paint a border around the top part of the bath walls. Today, the stamp itself is sitting on a shelf in the bathroom, and his little smiling froggy face is on the walls.

For I'd have to say a baseball cap. I wear it often when I go caching.

For others - travel bugs and coins that have either (1) been marked as missing and I was able to get them back in to circulation or (2) they've been sitting in the cache for several months and I was able to get them moving again.

Kind of silly, but right after I started caching Mrs. Parrot and I were in the process of remodeling one of the bathrooms in our house. This bathroom was to be green and had a frog "theme" to it. Right before we started painting, I found a largish rubber stamp in a cache of a smiling frog on a lily pad. That stamp came home with me and we used it to paint a border around the top part of the bath walls. Today, the stamp itself is sitting on a shelf in the bathroom, and his little smiling froggy face is on the walls.

okay...I have to ask.

Are you sure that wasn't a letterbox hybrid...and you took the stamp?

Mopar, GeoHo, CT Trampers, Ttepee, Yodadog, Barefoot & Lisa, 1Naturemom, dboggny&SR, ClayJar, The Alabama Rambler, and the list goes on and on and on........I'd have to say it would be my new circle of friends.  With that I'm filthy rich, and I don't need anything else.

:o I LOVE YOU PLANET!!

Don't ya just love her?! She speaks the truth!

It is the intangible swag that is the most useful! Heck, all the usefull swag is obtainable at wallyworld, however, forever kinships are remarkable treasures that have a lifetime warrantee!

:lol: Leslie

Hard to disagree with that! Excellent post.

We only have 16 finds or so, but the best ones were this past weekend with our 4 y/o granddaughter. She got so excited over the 1st one (all the cool little trinkets in there!), we just had to go find some more. I think we've created a monster...

Scott

Well, in a cache, the best thing I ever found was a nylon wallet. I am still using it after over 2 years.

Outside a cache, I found a nice cane once and returned it to the owner who lives several states away.

Oh, and then there was some money- near a cache some time ago. :ph34r:

Best FTF prize was a clip watch with thermometer and an old silver dollar. Still got the SD but I broke the watch cocking my SKS with the butt against my thigh. :D

I picked up a cheap promo ice scraper in a cache in Montana. I live in California and never had an ice scraper. I've used it maybe 8 or 10 times so far this year and it's been really great to have. I'm sure someone got it free somewhere but it's been great for me. :D

Memories... sweet, sweet memories.  Now where did I... hmm.... who are you again?  I know I left me key here somewhere...  What were we talking about?

Seriously, I found a compass in a cache once, and I used it for a long time before it became unusable.

I assume you traded your sanity for that, right?

:D

Ummmmm..... you DO realize that avatar is a real life picture don't you? I'd be afraid.... very afraid........