Back-up Geocaching Usernames

clearpath

For some reason, occasionally I like to think about unused Geocaching usernames. If you HAD to change your username for some reason, what would you pick as your new username. For simplicity sake, unless you see the name in the forums a lot, just assume your new name is available. I'll start ...

ASCII File or Dotted Quad

How did you find out what names ARE in use? I've tried to search for the name I wanted when I came here, can't find it but I thought that was part of the "search problem" I'd read about.

Go to Geocaching.com, to your account page, and on the right hand bar there is an Account options area. Click on Find another player.

Or go to: find another player

and type in the name or partial name you are looking for.

If you find someone, you can choose it as though you are going to e-mail them, then from the e-mail page you can click on a view their profile link.

-J

edit- I wish wildcards worked for this search!!!!!!! I want to find everyone whose name starts with "Jen" but can't since there is a user named Jen. :lol:

Edited by Jennifer&Dean

When I was in college I didn't use my current handle, I used 7 Wishes. It was an album by Night Ranger that I particular like (I'm sure I'm dating myself now, but no I'm not that old :-)). I came up with my currently handle about 10 years ago. So that's what I'd use. I occasionally still use it in places where hairymon is taken (it actually is on occasion, such as email addresses on Yahoo.com.....7 Wishes (and "Seven WIshes" was taken there too so I gave up) :-)

The backup I would use is being held hostage by an unvalidated member that hasn't logged into the website in nearly 3 years.

Geo. My name is George, and I often go by Geo.

If a user doesn't validate his account in a reasonable period of time, that username should go back into the pool.

I would like to use POTUS, Just think of the perks: I'd have a private 747 to take caching all over the world. I could have the secret service seal off any newly listed cache area to guarantee I'd be the FTF, and Instead of loggong a DNF I'd have the FBI track down those evil micros! Not to mention the power of the "bully pulpit" to get my questionable caches aproved. And by executive order, I'd open national parks to caching!

I'll agree with Planet. I've been Harry Dolphin since BBS days. I suspect that more people know my by Harry Dolphin than by my real name. If I had to change it, I'd change it to Finley Dolphin. :P Most people think that my name is Harry! "Paul?!? I thought your name was Harry!" That wouldn't work as well as Finley Dolphin. Oh, well.

Hey I don't know your real name and we've met many times.