Help! Dog Chewed My New Explorist 210

Anyone have an explorist which has gone T.U. (broken)? "My dog ate it!" No, really, my dog did eat my brand new (4 days old) explorist 210 and now I have no buttons on the front. If anyone has any broken/malfunctioning explorist (any should work) I need the rubber membrane button pad to replace the one that became lunch for my Jack Russell.

Gregory S Hall

the Georgia Austringer

The Hall Clan

Anyone have an explorist which has gone T.U. (broken)?  "My dog ate it!"  No, really, my dog did eat my brand new (4 days old) explorist 210 and now I have no buttons on the front.  If anyone has any broken/malfunctioning explorist (any should work) I need the rubber membrane button pad to replace the one that became lunch for my Jack Russell.

Gregory S Hall

the Georgia Austringer

The Hall Clan

... or should you say, "my new $500 fur stole"??? :(

Don't you just HATE when life kicks you in the pants right before Christmas???

Good luck on repair/replacement!

LOL... gummy bears for dogs...

sorry its not funny at but for some reason I couldn't stop laughing about it.

u know whats worse, your downloading geocaching points,maps in your computer room only for someone to knock on the front door, then the dog tears off to see what it (that was sitting at your feet), on to take the wires,usb cable, gps unit with him and maybe the laptop. :P

Called three times, stayed on "hold" for more than 45 minutes each time (cell phone bills get steep when you do that). I've found it difficult to say the least trying to contact a "real" person at Magellan.

I'm hoping fellow cachers can help me more.

Greg Hall

the Georgia Austringer

The Hall Clan

I would try emailing Magellan for help on this. Most manufacturers offer a repair service for a flat rate. You probably could send it in and have the guts put into a new case for a fair price. Sorry about the dog eating it. I have 2 dogs and they love to chew on stuff. I will make sure to keep the GPS away from them.

Kyle

You probably could send it in and have the guts put into a new case for a fair price.
Doubt it, I’ll bet you never dealt with Magellan.

Amen, preach it brother, my head is still spinning. I am bidding on a "bleeding screen" unit on ebay now, hope the other guy doesn't want too bad tomorrow, but I'm willing to go pretty far for it though.

Greg Hall

the Georgia Austringer