Plucker Locks Up

CharlieP

I use Spinner/Plucker to load gpx files to my pda and have recently been having a problem with Plucker locking up on certain files. It locks as it is loading the files, and locks in the same place depending on the file, e.g. file 145 of 1157. I suspect it has something to do with a link in a particular cache page, but am not sure. Anyone know what is wrong?

I've heard of three other users who have experienced the same problem. Two of them sent my GPX files, but they worked fine for me. Plucker ran flawlessly.

But I'll try again. Could you please send me your GPX file that has this problem? Also let me know what version of Plucker you're using. Thanks.

I use Spinner/Plucker to load gpx files to my pda and have recently been having a problem with Plucker locking up on certain files. It locks as it is loading the files, and locks in the same place depending on the file, e.g. file 145 of 1157.

Just happened to me, and it happened whether the .html output was from spinner or gsak, so the problem does not appear to be related to gpxspinner.

I installed the javabase sunrise distiller and it worked like a charm. I've put my plucker distiller out to pasture.

This just happened to me too for the first time on friday. Maybe its coming from something in the file from gc.com. I shut spinner down and respun the file and it worked fine.

LilDevil- I'm not at home until Wednesday so I can't send my file to you. If it happens again I will send it to you if you still want them.

Merry Christmas,

Shilo via Peru, Indiana

Well I have found the source of at least one of CharlieP's problems. Geocache GCNGKB has HTML

<td style="width:100%;height:10px;" bgcolor="#339933> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align=">

I not sure why the cache page writer used all these escaped html commands.

CharlieP's GPX contains for this geocache

<td style="width:100%;height:10px;" bgcolor=
"#339933&gt; &lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;td align=">

Then GPXSpinner converts to

<td style="width:100%;height:10px;" bgcolor=
"#339933> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align=">

. Notices the escape html is converted to true html, but this isn't the problem

But Plucker barfs on the

<td align=">

It apparently doesn't like the single ".

So it isn't directly GPXSpinner's problem, the cache page has bad HTML which browsers ignore. But when GPXSpinner recreates this bad HTML out of the GPX, plucker hangs on it. I don't know if Lil Devil can catch it and "fix" it or not.