I'm Baffled

A few days after this and it's companion forum were opened I proposed two waymark catagories. The lead article still says "We're Currently Not Accepting Proposals." The lead article for this forum still says "Note: We are currently discussing how to accept new waymark categories. We are not going through the process at this time". Both forums have been saying that since the middle of the Summer. I understood, perhaps incorrectly, that these things were to replace locationless caches (and virtuals and etc.) after which locationlesses would go away. Locationless caches are going to be eliminated in a couple of weeks. When are the proposals that have been submitted going to be approved or rejected?

I read posts that suggest some are being approved, but not according to the lead statements in both Waymarking forums.

Second, all of the original suggestions are missing from the Waymarking Category Proposals forum. The oldest one showing anymore was posted on November 22. Does this mean my proposals have been thrown away?

Some guidance please.

PS Sorry if all this has been covered but the search function wouldn't let me use it.

Locationless caches haven't been approved on geocaching.com for over a year. Noting particularly different is occuring now except that opportunities have been given to all current locationless cache owners to manage their category on Waymarking.com.

You are giving the impression that locationless caches were being accepted and after the new years they will no longer be. The fact is there has been a moratorium on locationless caches for quite a while.

Second, all of the original suggestions are missing from the Waymarking Category Proposals forum.  The oldest one showing anymore was posted on November 22.  Does this mean my proposals have been thrown away?

Some guidance please. 

PS  Sorry if all this has been covered but the search function wouldn't let me use it.

The default setting for the boards show topics only going back 30 days. You need to maually change it if you want to look back further. The spot you do that at is on the bottom of the main forum page on the right.

Edited by Corp Of Discovery
Locationless caches are going to be eliminated in a couple of weeks.
Noting particularly different is occuring now except that opportunities have been given to all current locationless cache owners to manage their category on Waymarking.com.

Does that mean locationless caches are not going to be eliminated at year end?

You are giving the impression that locationless caches were being accepted and after the new years they will no longer be.

I'm not intentionally giving any impression about the approval of locationless caches. I asked:

A few days after this and it's companion forum were opened I proposed two waymark categories.  The lead article still says "We're Currently Not Accepting Proposals." <snip> When are the proposals that have been submitted going to be approved or rejected?
The default setting for the boards show topics only going back 30 days. You need to maually change it if you want to liik back further. The spot you do that at is on the bottom of the main forum page on the right.

How about that. I guess I never ran into it before.

Thanks.

When are the proposals that have been submitted going to be approved or rejected?

Neither will happen. When the group functionality and waymark category submissions are available, it will be open season.

If you have been following along with the site we do occasionally pick some of the ones being discussed, but the selections are pretty arbitrary. Generally if we see an interesting idea and it is well thought out we'll create it.

Does that mean locationless caches are not going to be eliminated at year end?

I haven't written anything that would indictate that we would not be archiving all locationless caches at the end of the year. The archival will go as planned.