Prc Files

zeus661

Are there any other programs other than Mobipocket that I can use to read PRc files with? I absolutely hate Mobipocket. It has corrupted my Cf card four times. Plus I have issues with my credit card with the Mobipocket company.

I am using WM5 and would appreciate it if anyone knows of any other programs to read a PRC file. Thanks

I wonder why PRC files were selected as the choice here since it appears to be limited to just one crappy piece of software to read it?

Probably because it was the only game in town at the time PQs were launched

PRC is a generic extension given to any data to be sent to the Palm. They aren't "PRC" files, they are Mobipocket files.

Mobipocket was by no means the only e-book reader available at the time that PQs were first introduced; why it was chosen is lost in the mists of time. But once GPX files were made available, it became largely irrelevant.

Mobipocket was by no means the only e-book reader available at the time that PQs were first introduced; why it was chosen is lost in the mists of time. But once GPX files were made available, it became largely irrelevant.

1. It worked on both Palm and PocketPC

2. It had a tool you could use to generate eBooks on the fly

Ultimately PDF will be the new eBook format.

While I've got GPX files and I've got PRC files I'd still prefer another route.

Is there a way to get the GPX files WITH the user notes and clue (scrambled or not).

The PRC files have all that in them and if I could convert them to xml, or anythign readable anywhere else I'd be happy...but I've yet to find a conversion program.

Any suggestions?

GPX files contain the entire cache description, the encrypted hint (if any), and the last five logs (plus any logs you've entered on that cache).

How are you obtaining GPX files and how are you reading them? You should be seeing all the information you believe to be missing.

Wow. That's the first time I've really been prompted to actually toss a gpx file into a hex editor...

Sure enough! Look at all that XML! I'll resist commenting on what I think of XML and parsing-speed, but, hey, that does give a lot of under-utilized power! Thanks for making me look!