Geocaches At Eagle Creek In Indiana.

JeepinJeff

This has been discussed in the main Indiana thread, but I'll summerise the main points. The park management decided to start requiring permits for geocaches in the park. Mountain Climber, one of our local admins, archived the caches in the park, saying that either the caches need to be removed or a permit needs to be filed in order to unarchive a cache. MC's just doing what is needed to maintain good relationships with park officials. Hope that helps.

I checked with my contacts at the Mayor's office. They are not aware of anything but are looking into it.

I also cannot figure out why permits would be required at Eagle Creek but not in other Indy Parks. So far I have not been able find anyone at Indy Parks that knows anything about permits requirements.

Sounds a little strange...

I checked with my contacts at the Mayor's office. They are not aware of anything but are looking into it.

I also cannot figure out why permits would be required at Eagle Creek but not in other Indy Parks. So far I have not been able find anyone at Indy Parks that knows anything about permits requirements.

Sounds a little strange...

Yeah, well the whole geocahing permit thing is starnge to us... <_<