Cachemate Software

JimyShas

I have over 3000 caches in Cachemate on my Palm. How do you think I got them in there? :lol:

Seriously, If you have GSAK, you can export caches as a .pdb file to the palm Desktop which will update your Palm the next time you sync. If you don't have GSAK you can get CMconvert (or MacCMconvert for Macs) to convert the .gpx file to a.pdb file. CMconvert is "under the hood" in GSAK.

We use cachemate on a Palm Tungsten E. Run pocket query, get gpx file, run cmconvert.exe (converts gpx file to a pdb file (palm database), hotsync and the pdb file goes to the palm. Start cachemate on Palm .... data is there!

Our gpx file also is opened in MapSource, reviewed, then waypoints are transfered to Map60C.

That's all we use ..... but can see adding GSAK in the future to our tools.

Oh! cmconvert.exe comes with Cachemate program .... best $8 spent.

:lol: ImpalaBob

Jimy, save yourself the head ache and spend the $28 and get GSAK here and Cachemate here. You can use both for a while free. You will quickly see that the two together make paperless caching a breeze. Dump you pocket query .gpx files into GSAK, then have it export a cachemate file for you that will update on your next hotsynch. I am never without my GPSr and my palm, and I can spontaneously cache at a moments notice. The best twenty-eight bucks you will ever spend, and both authors are prolific forum attendees and will help you when you get stuck.

Jimy, save yourself the head ache and spend the $28 and get GSAK here  and Cachemate here. 

The best twenty-eight bucks you will ever spend, and both authors are prolific forum attendees and will help you when you get stuck.

Ditto That !!! It doesn't get any better than this combo for ease of Geocaching.

Can't argue with this - excellent advice ;)

Jimy, save yourself the head ache and spend the $28 and get GSAK here  and Cachemate here.  You can use both for a while free.  You will quickly see that the two together make paperless caching a breeze.  Dump you pocket query .gpx files into GSAK, then have it export a cachemate file for you that will update on your next hotsynch.  I am never without my GPSr and my palm, and I can spontaneously cache at a moments notice.  The best twenty-eight bucks you will ever spend, and both authors are prolific forum attendees and will help you when you get stuck.

I totaly agree I have been using both now for well over a year and they work great ;)

Jimy, save yourself the head ache and spend the $28 and get GSAK here  and Cachemate here. 

The best twenty-eight bucks you will ever spend, and both authors are prolific forum attendees and will help you when you get stuck.

Ditto That !!! It doesn't get any better than this combo for ease of Geocaching.

Can't argue with this - excellent advice <_<

All I have to say is "Thank You Clyde!!!" :)

You really can't argue with this advice. $28 for painless fun that has free upgrades and some of the best support (if not THE best support) I have ever seen for any programs.

I am new to paperless also, is the e-mailed pocket query the only way you get all the info? I ran a query and the pop up says that the file is a .loc file and will not have all info. What am I doing wrong? :lol:

On the create PQ page, above the Submit button there is a field that has two possible selections.

Loc. or Gpx.

I think you will like the Gpx.option.

I prefer the Zip. email format. This can dragged and dropped directly into GSAK or Cachemate.

OK. I'll give that a try. So if i want to add more waypoints ffrom the ground speak site it would have to be done by pq or individual downloads, right?

Yep. But you can always do it the hard way and enter manually into Cachemate. With gpx files available you'd never do that!

JDandDD