New Coin Available For Trade

Cacheper

Ok, here it is, my coin!

ad5135cc-1220-48fc-94b6-67b4cc203806.jpg16831611-4919-4941-a263-d164e44aa319.jpg

The front of the coin depicts two landmarks to my local caching area. A clock tower which is the remnants of a train station that once ran through our downtown, and a Pavilion left over from Expo '74. The area is now called Riverfront Park. The coin is not GC trackable. They are numbered out of 100. I will not have any more made and I will not sell my coins. My wife has informed me that if I don't stop spending money on this hobby she will melt my collection down, have the metal molded into an urn in which to keep my ashes, and then sell me to the highest bidder on ebay! I don't think she is going to let nature take it's course on me either.

So what that means is that I'm hoping to trade for a lot of the coins that are coming available now. Here is what I'm looking for now:

2)Connecticut

3)Earth Coin

4)First Finders Dance

8)GWSIII

14)Lighthouse series (any)

15)Nielsenc silver 2005

20)Dutch

This list is not all encompassing, so please make offers as well.

I really like a lot of the personal coins too so I want to trade for those as well. However, I want to try and get as many of the coins listed above as I can. I also have a small number of trackable coins that I can combine with mine to trade for certain coins. The coins from the above list can be unactivated or activated it doesn't matter to me. My only thing with activated coins is that you're the registered owner of the coin.

So let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!

Cacheper

Edited by Cacheper
Ok, here it is, my coin!

ad5135cc-1220-48fc-94b6-67b4cc203806.jpg16831611-4919-4941-a263-d164e44aa319.jpg

The front of the coin depicts two landmarks to my local caching area. A clock tower which is the remnants of a train station that once ran through our downtown, and a Pavilion left over from Expo '74. The area is now called Riverfront Park. The coin is not GC trackable. They are numbered out of 100. I will not have any more made and I will not sell my coins. My wife has informed me that if I don't stop spending money on this hobby she will melt my collection down, have the metal molded into an urn in which to keep my ashes, and then sell me to the highest bidder on ebay! I don't think she is going to let nature take it's course on me either.

So what that means is that I'm hoping to trade for a lot of the coins that are coming available now. Here is what I'm looking for now:

1)Alaska (any)

2)Connecticut

3)Earth Coin

4)First Finders Dance

5)ROT13

6)Geodetic Survey Benchmark

7)Geocoin addicts anonymous

8)GWSIII

9)Germany (any)

10)Hurricane Katrina

11)Idaho 2006

12)Joy of caching

13)Kitsap county

14)Lighthouse series (any)

15)Nielsenc silver 2005

16)NWPA 2006

17)USA 2004

18)Wanna Go

19)Yosemite

20)Dutch

I really like a lot of the personal coins too so I want to trade for those as well. However, I want to try and get as many of the coins listed above as I can. I also have a small number of trackable coins that I can combine with mine to trade for certain coins. The coins from the above list can be unactivated or activated it doesn't matter to me. My only thing with activated coins is that you're the registered owner of the coin.

So let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!

Cacheper

Nice looking coin. How were you able to get copyright clearance for the Casper the Ghost figure on the front. Ive got an Idea that uses another of the Characters from the series and would like to know who to contact for the clearance.

Nice looking coin. How were you able to get copyright clearance for the Casper the Ghost figure on the front. Ive got an Idea that uses another of the Characters from the series and would like to know who to contact for the clearance.

I had the coin minted through personalgeocoins and he took care of all of that for me. From what I understand, just as long as I'm not out to make a profit from the coin I'm ok.

I am not a lawyer.

Most companies who manufacture coins have a disclaimer which states the person requesting the design is the responsible party on copyright and trademark issues.

I asked the question specifically and shared with you the responce. If it's not right, maybe my coin will just end up being that much more desirable ;)

So what that means is that I'm hoping to trade for a lot of the coins that are coming available now.  Here is what I'm looking for now:

5)ROT13

I tried to email but GC.com is down for maintenance. I would be willing to trade a GCC - ROT13 for one of your cachper coins. I will email when possible.

Thanks

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Terrible Ts

I had the coin minted through personalgeocoins and he took care of all of that for me. From what I understand, just as long as I'm not out to make a profit from the coin I'm ok.

Thank you ;)

I can email you since GC.com is down right now. Could you look at my trade LIST to see if there might be someting you would like.

Thank You

Thanks for the reply. I would like to have the Gone Caching coin if you'd be willing to trade.

Thanks!

That Will be fine with me. I will email you with my address tomorrow..

Thank You

I am not a lawyer.

Most companies who manufacture coins have a disclaimer which states the person requesting the design is the responsible party on copyright and trademark issues.

As long as you don't make profit it is ok since it is concidered fan art. So nothing to worry about. ;)

Edited by Mystery Ink
I am not a lawyer.

I asked the question specifically and shared with you the responce. If it's not right, maybe my coin will just end up being that much more desirable :)

I wouldn't worry about it. First, they're not for profit. Second the number produced is so small, it wouldn't be worth the copyright holder's time. Lastly, if it was worth their time for some reason, worst that would happen is a ceast and disist for making any future coins with that likeness... slap on the wrist so to speak.

I am not a lawyer.

I asked the question specifically and shared with you the responce. If it's not right, maybe my coin will just end up being that much more desirable :)

I wouldn't worry about it. First, they're not for profit. Second the number produced is so small, it wouldn't be worth the copyright holder's time. Lastly, if it was worth their time for some reason, worst that would happen is a ceast and disist for making any future coins with that likeness... slap on the wrist so to speak.

This is a bit of good information, this just clears way for me to continue with my new Damenace personal geocoin with no other than an image of Dennis The Menace.

I actually sent a letter to Hank Ketcham Enterprises asking for permission to use an image, they where so worried about my minting of 100 coins that they never worried about replying. I guess that is a yes ;) ?

It has been said many times, is it better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permissison :lol: ?

I am not a lawyer.

I asked the question specifically and shared with you the responce. If it's not right, maybe my coin will just end up being that much more desirable ;)

This is a bit of good information, this just clears way for me to continue with my new Damenace personal geocoin with no other than an image of Dennis The Menace.

I actually sent a letter to Hank Ketcham Enterprises asking for permission to use an image, they where so worried about my minting of 100 coins that they never worried about replying. I guess that is a yes ;) ?

It has been said many times, is it better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permissison :) ?

-so, I guess we don't need permission anymore to use the official Groundspeak logo? Cool, for a second there I thought this copyright stuff was serious....

*joke :lol: