Cache Under Snow, Don’t Stub Your Toe!

Iowa Tom

First I will say that I wish the author of a post could correct a misspelled word in the title! :D If there is a way, somebody please let me know how.

Thanks moderator for changing "sub" to "stub."

What percentage of your caches are typified (more or less) by this image right now?

6db99422-f8d8-4ab5-aee1-709620f5756d.jpg

I’d say about 30% of mine are under-snow at the moment. :P I heard we are experiencing the effects of La Niña which, according to this chart does not affect all places equally.

I suspect that many of my caches will go under water next spring as well.

Merry Christmas

-it

Edited by Iowa Tom

OK, don't ever complain about folks posting spoilers on your caches. That photo blatantly reveals the location of your hide.

On another note, some caches down South here are almost Winter-Only caches. Wildlife in NC, for instance, would be covered by an impenetrable coating of several inches of mosquitos in the Summer, or so I've heard. We plan to attempt it once the 'little girl' stops raining on us so much and swelling the rivers.

- T of TandS

Edited by tands

Our ground is covered right now but 0.1% of my hides are covered*. Why? I guess because my GPS was a Christmas gifts years ago and I became sensitive, real fast, to snow accessible caches.

*One of my puzzle caches is temporarily unavailable until the snow shoveling gets done, another one will become unavailble if Boston gets 2 to 3 FEET of snow. So I think I'm pretty safe.

Paul

Having cached in the snow, I never really thought about the effects on ;my own caches, since we had found the boxes ok. However, this weekend, some cachers hit up my boyfriends multi and reported how fun it was to dig through the snow to find the "plaque" they were looking for. When we went to the location ourselves, we realized just how much "fun" it had been for them. THe snow plows had piled an entire parking lots worth of snow on top of the plaque. KUDOS to the newbies that found it though! I think I would have given up after the first few inches!!!