New At This And Kinda Disapointed

muddog13

now all you must be fairly smart so it seems like somone should know who the cachehoard is buy now that [deleted] is realy pissing me off and if i run across him ........well it wont be pritty if every one takes a stand and teams up together he should be easy to catch and put a stop to his idotic theaving ways .

we are thinking of deverting away from geocaching and focusing our time on puting a stop to the cachehord so all can enjoy geocaching.

after all its sould be fun for the whole family . think about when you take your kids out to find a cache and the [deleted] has came and took it .

lets put a stop to this please .

keep your eyes and ears open for that low life scum and lets get him.

muddog :rolleyes:

Edited by Keystone

Well, I'm glad you vented all that out of your system. But please take a moment to read our Forum Guidelines, including the section on foul language. And while frustration is fine to express, please draw the line a bit short of threats. This is a family-friendly forum.

I am sorry that you have someone in your area that is taking geocaches. Since this issue has nothing to do with "Getting Started" in geocaching, I am moving your thread to the Northwest Forum for the community to discuss as a regional concern.

:) Most likely the person who is doing this is a teenager. Not one but a group of them, and they are having a fun time getting people ticked off. I know because I have had 3 - 5 of my caches plundered. I came up with some ways to thart this but that is a different story. Anyway here are a few ideas.

1. Place a cache close to your house. I.e. one you can see out your window. Why? One Word WEBCAM.. Hook up a webcam to start taking snap shots of cache every few minutes so when he takes the bate, you'll at least have a picture of him and his car/bike.

2. Video --again, place a cache close enough to your house that the cache may be watched with a video camera. Then simply plug the video into a vcr and when he comes calling, you'll have them on tape.

3. Offer a reward in the paper for information about recent thefts. Who knows, this geopirate might be stupid enough to actually try and collect the reward.

4. Talk to your fellow cachers, and start making them member only caches.