Member Of The Coin Club Ie Benchmark Coins?

WeatherednBoston

I have seen several people ask how many coins were minted for the Coin Club coins ie benchmark...and future coins. No one seems to know exactly how many were minted. I say we calculate it here ourselves:

If you are a member of the Coin Club say I. And list how many coins your subscription is for. Only reply to this topic once. That way we know how many of us members there are.

I say I

membership is 2 coins per month.

Edited by WeatherednBoston
the coin club isn't saying?? :rolleyes:

I have seen several people ask ..even in thier own forums. They dont want to answer which leads me to believe there has got to be quite a few being made. I'm sure the ebay auctions are giving them alot of free advertising...they must have got 100's of new members last month with the benchmark coin and its popularity.

I will continue to buy regardless cause I love the designs...but gee if you are a collector its nice to know as much as you can about the items you are collecting.

the coin club isn't saying?? :rolleyes:

I have seen several people ask ..even in thier own forums. They dont want to answer which leads me to believe there has got to be quite a few being made. I'm sure the ebay auctions are giving them alot of free advertising...they must have got 100's of new members last month with the benchmark coin and its popularity.

I will continue to buy regardless cause I love the designs...but gee if you are a collector its nice to know as much as you can about the items you are collecting.

Its easy to show how many coins were sold in the last three weeks or so:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/se...=&so=Show+Items

and for some reason, I am only seeing 4 Benchmarks sold on ebay. Maybe a majority were sold more than 3 weeks ago:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/se...=&fsop=2&fsoo=1

and lots of old man winters sold on ebay.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/se...=&fsop=2&fsoo=1

So, if one is interested, it seems you can easily double your money based on past ebay sales. Looks like there are many of them for Buy It Nows for $19.99. Of course, Past Performance doesn’t guarantee future success.

nielsenc

If you are a member they re-sell the coins at a later date.  They just did a sell of the ammo can, benchmark, and one other.  They sold out in like 50 sec.

No telling how many are minted.

The recent member-only resells were to clear out excess inventory from the original coin runs.

I figured that.

But still no mention of how many were minted of each coin.

If you are a member they re-sell the coins at a later date.  They just did a sell of the ammo can, benchmark, and one other.  They sold out in like 50 sec.

The recent member-only resells were to clear out excess inventory from the original coin runs.

Care to answer the blatantly obvious question in this thread, too? If you guys wont say how many are minted just tell us that and the issue will be closed. Ignoring the question and people who have asked only makes you look bad.

Care to answer the blatantly obvious question in this thread, too? If you guys wont say how many are minted just tell us that and the issue will be closed. Ignoring the question and people who have asked only makes you look bad.

We have answered some emails on the question but I'll say it publicly. We do not release mintage figures. I will only say that we mint enough to cover the monthly subscriptions with a minimal overrun to cover shipping errors, give-aways, etc.

I think the important thing for many people is that if you're a collector bidding way up on an eBay coin you don't need to worry about a couple thousand of them sitting in a warehouse waiting to be dumped on the market.

Why does it matter how many are made?

It matters to some people how many are made for the value of the coin. If there is 2,000 coins made then the value of that coin is low compared to 100 coins made.

I could care less, I buy every coin made regardless of how many. But I will help those who do want to know but stating how many I get a month.

We have answered some emails on the question but I'll say it publicly. We do not release mintage figures. I will only say that we mint enough to cover the monthly subscriptions with a minimal overrun to cover shipping errors, give-aways, etc.

I think the important thing for many people is that if you're a collector bidding way up on an eBay coin you don't need to worry about a couple thousand of them sitting in a warehouse waiting to be dumped on the market.

Thank you for giving a public answer.

If I was to guess, I would say around 800 or so. Maybe the best way to know (for those who HAVE to know) is to ask who is a member and how many they get a month. Then count it up.

I've been guesing all week. My guess is 3000-5000 coins per month and climbing. If I was them I'd be shopping for a Hummer about now.

Perhaps creating a coin club that releases a coin every week or twice a month wouldnt be a bad idea. Quit the day job and deal with Geocoin creating. Wow what a fun job!

If I was to guess, I would say around 800 or so.  Maybe the best way to know (for those who HAVE to know) is to ask who is a member and how many they get a month.  Then count it up.

I've been guesing all week. My guess is 3000-5000 coins per month and climbing. If I was them I'd be shopping for a Hummer about now.

Perhaps creating a coin club that releases a coin every week or twice a month wouldnt be a bad idea. Quit the day job and deal with Geocoin creating. Wow what a fun job!

That guess is way too high. Coin mintages of 1500 are generally seen as enough to have flooded the market. People are still trying to aquire most of this CC coins.

Why does it matter how many are made?

I think some (or maybe just for some people?) of a coins value is based on availability. US California state quarters can be picked up out of pocket change daily, and certainly at any large bank, so they're 'cheap'. While something you never say twenty dollar gold pieces? or Mou10bike geocoins, (or if you see do see one its already permanently attached to someone) so they're very 'expensive'. (Moun10bike geocoins on ebay have been know to sell for over $1000.)

Course if you putting value on your collection soley by your like or dislike of the coin (because of base metal, color, size, shape, who made it, etc) then the number of total produced is meaningless.

And to answer the OPs question, I have a subscription for 1 coin.

Edited by welch
I've been guesing all week.  My guess is 3000-5000 coins per month and climbing.  If I was them I'd be shopping for a Hummer about now.

LOL! My Hummer looks a lot like a 3 year old Jeep :laughing:

Well...keep up the great designs! You and the wife will have matching Hummers in no time!

An idea.....I would like the chance to puchase addition coins during the month that are seperate from the coin of the month. You could design others and make them available to members only. Limit orders to 1 coin per member...than if some are left over you could sell them the following month with no limit to get rid of the rest.

Id love a coin with the design of the Groundspeak frog :laughing:

Id love a coin that was designed around the travel bug concept...

I could go on and on.

More sales would be more money toward a Hummer :huh: