Mystery Coin Log?

Dustiano

I just received a new log for one of my activated Geocoins...

Normally, this wouldn't present a problem, except the coin is situated on my kitchen counter, where it has been since I received it! :rolleyes:

Have any of you ever had someone virtually log your coins by guessing at the #'s?

Do you think this could have really been a mistake?

And lastly, besides delete the log, what did you do about it?

No animosity, just curious really... :unsure:

~Dustin

I have the complete list of codes. If you will send me your coin code, Not the activation code I will see if there is a duplicate in my list. I would also wonder if the the manufacture hickup'd and put the same PC code on two coins. (this would be my guess as to what happened)

If you would like, you can send it back to me and I will send you another coin.

I would also appreciate it if you would e-mail the guy who logged it and see if in fact what he found was a San Francisco coin.

Additional thoughts: There are no duplicates. Is it possible that he just mis read another coin's number and typed in yours. - Probably this is most likely.

Edited by southbayday

Is there any chance it might have been a misinterpretation of numbering like 0 for O or I for 1 2 for Z or maybe just a transference like 53 for 35. I know I have had trouble activating some of my coins because of the above problems.

Just a suggestion....but would be wise to double check in case two coins had the same code printed on them.

Lynn