Problems With Forum

darwinmay

EDIT: I figured out why I couldn't edit that post-it was too old.

Last night, I was searching for an old thread, and before I could get to the search page, I was met with this message:

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Yes, I'm logged in, no, I have no idea why I wouldn't be allowed to search.

New rule? Glitch? Someone accidentally suspended my forum priveliges?

Thanks,

BlueNinja

Edited by BlueNinja

How do you get this double secret "gold" membership?

Yeah, I would perform a search to find this info but for some reason that isn't working.

This is extremely annoying. I have been a premium member for a couple of years now and this is the 1st basic feature I've seen disappear until I purchase an ADDITIONAL premium membership. Most forums allow you to search before you have to pay.

Nice.

Yeah, I would perform a search to find this info but for some reason that isn't working.

This is extremely annoying. I have been a premium member for a couple of years now and this is the 1st basic feature I've seen disappear until I purchase an ADDITIONAL premium membership. Most forums allow you to search before you have to pay.

Nice.

Your chain has been yanked.

Nice.

Feel that pulling on your leg??

im on many much larger national forums than this, im a moderator on a few and an admin on one, and they all allow searches without membership.

i think the better idea wouldve been to make a time limit for between searches. say only 1 search allowed every 30 seconds or every minute.

It's all a joke.

And it's not even April yet.

:D

im on many much larger national forums than this, im a moderator on a few and an admin on one, and they all allow searches without membership.

i think the better idea wouldve been to make a time limit for between searches. say only 1 search allowed every 30 seconds or every minute.

Are you saying you know how to fix the problem??

because all i've heard is that the search is busted Read more here.

Nice.

"gold" membership was joke

you can't search because the feature is busted. I can't search because the feature is busted. Mopar can't search because the feature is busted. If the feature wasn't busted anyone could use the search, but currently its busted so they can't.

Read more here.

you can't search because the feature is busted. I can't search because the feature is busted. Mopar can't search because the feature is busted. If the feature wasn't busted anyone could use the search, but currently its busted so they can't.

But Markwell can still search, right? Cause if Markwell can't search than we're in real trouble :D

Nice.

Well I'm glad to hear that! Wonder what happened to the "Search" function?

Nice.

Well I'm glad to hear that! Wonder what happened to the "Search" function?

Who's on first?

i think the better idea wouldve been to make a time limit for between  searches. say only 1 search allowed every 30 seconds or every minute.

Are you saying you know how to fix the problem??

because all i've heard is that the search is busted Read more here.

i just thought they disabled the feature for non "premium members" from prevous statements. i was trying to do a search earlier and when it said i didnt have permission, i came in this forum and saw others was having the same problem. i thought it had been disabled. i didnt know that it was actually broken!

as far as me knowing how to fix it. no, sorry. all my forum experience is with vbulletin, and even there its only with the running of the forums and such. no experience with the coding

But Markwell can still search, right? Cause if Markwell can't search than we're in real trouble ;)

Yea, but thats only because like remembers what forum what day and who said what. :blink:

Um, try doing a search if you are not logged into the forums.

I'm usually never logged into the forums unless I log in intentionally since my geocaching.com password has some upper and lower case letters and special charachers but I usually log into that using ONLY lower case letters which works there.

The forum servers being based on UNIX are quite literal in the password, so if I want to search in the forums I have to log in. If I want to see posts by a geocaching.com user from my profile or his profile I have to be previously logged into the forums or I will get that error.

Will have to read up on search being "busted". What I've just described has been the way of the world since I joined geocaching.com in 5/05, or perhaps when I first looked at the fourms a few months later.

Um, try doing a search if you are not logged into the forums.

I'm usually never logged into the forums unless I log in intentionally since my geocaching.com password has some upper and lower case letters and special charachers but I usually log into that using ONLY lower case letters which works there.

The forum servers being based on UNIX are quite literal in the password, so if I want to search in the forums I have to log in. If I want to see posts by a geocaching.com user from my profile or his profile I have to be previously logged into the forums or I will get that error.

Will have to read up on search being "busted". What I've just described has been the way of the world since I joined geocaching.com in 5/05, or perhaps when I first looked at the fourms a few months later.

You are replying to a year and a half old post. its was fixed since this thread was created.