Why I Am Not Going Geocaching Tomorrow

reveritt

It's almost the end of my stay-at-home vacation. I had it all planned. I have done all the household projects that I promised myself I would do. I helped my daughter shop for a car. I did my Chrsitmas shopping. I had cleared the decks for Saturday--no obligations whatever. I was going to spend a day all by myself doing long-hike geocaches.

Enter Mother Nature. Last Friday we had a rip-snortin' wind storm with rain, snow, and even a couple of small tornadoes. It was a corker. Couldn't happen again this week, right? Wrong! We had another very windy day, and the top blew out of one of my maple trees. A large limb went through the roof of my toolshed, and is sticking up in the air at a rakish angle.

So tomorrow morning, I will rent a chainsaw to cut up the fallen limbs, and will probably spend the rest of the day repairing the hole in the roof. :anibad:

I helped my daughter shop for a car.

Oh, dear. Your daughter is old enough to drive? Feel...so...old. Somehow, I had pictured...ehhh...forget it.

Sorry about your roof. That some kind' wild weather we've been having, boy howdy I guess. Though if it's the kind of injury you can repair yourself, it could've been worse. Me, I have a little tiny yard with two big unruly maples, and I pat them occasionally on the way in and say, "you boys aren't coming in for breakfast, now, hear me?"

Me, I'm not caching this weekend because I'm going away for the holidays next week. So I'll spend tomorrow cleaning up for the cat sitter. Yeah, it feels funny, but when the kitchen gets to the point you don't want the lady that cracks open cans of Whiskas to know how you really live, it's time to tidy a little.

A large limb went through the roof of my toolshed, and is sticking up in the air at a rakish angle.

So tomorrow morning, I will rent a chainsaw to cut up the fallen limbs, and will probably spend the rest of the day repairing the hole in the roof. :laughing:

Bummer. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad it wasn't your house or you'd be doing some major renovations I'm sure. Watch that chainsaw - they bite big!

Enter Mother Nature. Last Friday we had a rip-snortin' wind storm with rain, snow, and even a couple of small tornadoes. It was a corker. Couldn't happen again this week, right? Wrong! We had another very windy day, and the top blew out of one of my maple trees. A large limb went through the roof of my toolshed, and is sticking up in the air at a rakish angle.

This sounds calculated, architected and intelligently designed ... :D:P:laughing:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I feel your pain. With 6+ inches of snow on the gorund, a temp of 0 and a windchill making it feel like -10 I am just not feeling like going out to find caches. All the ones I have left in the immediate area require long hikes. The dog doesn't even want to be out today either. And just think I skipped it yesterday so I could Xmas shop.

Oh, dear. Your daughter is old enough to drive? Feel...so...old. Somehow, I had pictured...ehhh...forget it....

My daughter will be 31 in a few weeks. She has an 8-year-old daughter of her own, who is my best geocaching buddy, and has quite a few finds to her credit.

Though if it's the kind of injury you can repair yourself, it could've been worse.

Yeah...just big enough to be an all-day pain in the butt, but small enough that it doesn't justify calling the insurance company.

Bummer. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad it wasn't your house or you'd be doing some major renovations I'm sure. Watch that chainsaw - they bite big!

Yeah, I had a tree come down on my house during Hurricane Bob. That was more than I could handle by myself. What a mess!

My condolences. I'm in a good position to sympathize - sitting in a recliner, right foot I(ced) C(ompressed)E(levated).Sitting here, forced to watch the Bucs revert to Yucks form against New England - didn't cache or check on the worrisome DNF cache. Tomorrow? Foot a lovely shade of blue, but the ankle, which I was worried about, seems to be okay. Not a biking/hiking caching weekend. Nothing that won't mend, but it is tiresome to lose out on CACHE TIME!

I'm in a good position to sympathize - sitting in a recliner, right foot I(ced) C(ompressed)E(levated). Foot a lovely shade of blue, but the ankle, which I was worried about, seems to be okay. Not a biking/hiking caching weekend. Nothing that won't mend, but it is tiresome to lose out on CACHE TIME!

Oh yeah, I know about that. It's been two months for me and two more months to go!

Reveritt ~ it sounds like all your limbs are intact and nothing flesh-like was lacerated so that's a good thing. When I get back out on the trails I hope to see some of that wood made into a travel bug or maybe a mini chainsaw or toolshed and dropped into one of your great caches. Then again, this might be reason enough for a new "Toolshed Trashed" or "Chainsaw Cache" :)