Add To: Cacher's Name To Subject Of Email

Thot

Off and on I email someone through the gc.com system who sends a reply that doesn't let me know which cacher is replying. Almost everyone leaves the subject in the reply so, for example, I send SkyWalker an email and two weeks later I get a reply that reads like this:

To: me

Subject: Re: [GEO] Thot contacting you from Geocaching.com

I'll do that.  Thanks.

John

Since I only know these people by their caching name I don't know who's replying. If they leave my original message in the reply I can usually figure it out, but often they don't, so I don't know who's writing me.

I propose the automated Subject line be changed to include the name of the recipient as in addition to the sender. Something like this:

[GEO] Thot contacting SkyWalker from Geocaching.com

The odds are high the recipient will leave the original subject in the reply and it becomes possible to know which cacher is writing (replying to) you.

Edited by Thot

The problem that we have with that, is we have four geocaching accounts on the same outlook. People will send cryptic messages that don't say who they're contacting, and the automated thingy from gc.com does not specify which user is being emailed. This can cause confusion in our household.

The problem that we have with that, is we have four geocaching accounts on the same outlook. People will send cryptic messages that don't say who they're contacting, and the automated thingy from gc.com does not specify which user is being emailed. This can cause confusion in our household.

Either I'm blind, or this has changed. Our emails do show the name of the person that it was sent to. Whew. :D

The problem that we have with that, is we have four geocaching accounts on the same outlook.  People will send cryptic messages that don't say who they're contacting, and the automated thingy from gc.com does not specify which user is being emailed.  This can cause confusion in our household.

Either I'm blind, or this has changed. Our emails do show the name of the person that it was sent to. Whew. :D

Yes, it's been that way for a few weeks now, in response to the original suggestion, for which I'm most grateful. So that is why I said thank-you in my prior post. :D

Yes, it's been that way for a few weeks now, in response to the original suggestion, for which I'm most grateful. So that is why I said thank-you in my prior post. :D

Yes, yes. I should have added my thanks before now. This unworthy pig apologizes and thanks you again. :D

I like the new subject line.

Something else that would be useful, is when contacting a cacher allow the selection of one of their caches in a drop down box.

Often I'll get email from somebody saying "I looked for your cache and couldn't find it. Can you give me a hint?" Uh, what cache? Might be nice to have a cache selected, if applicable.

No. Unfortunately we don't edit the forum software since someone else developed it. We're already running into issues with upgrading the software so we can restore functionality, due to the integration of the forums with the geocaching.com web site.