New Coin Series

Thorny1

We wanted to show you the new coin series we are working on. The "Skirtlifter Coin", the first coin in a series depicting the various caches we all hunt and poking gentle fun at ourselves (The Cache Coin Series, designated with the CHxxxx tracking number). We plan on taking orders after the first of the year and shipping it in February.

0a28b993-25ff-46e6-86b3-d79f51a43004.jpg Skirtlifter Coin Front

20ef9998-79bc-4877-8921-464d8a1e1a9d.jpg Skirtlifter Coin Back

2162b7dd-0fdb-4c39-bc37-c3e85fc2f518.jpg Lamp Post Front

549bf8bc-7bd8-43b2-b8ae-1a01dec2675d.jpg Lamp Post Back

This is two seperate coins. The first is the "Skirtlifter" coin. It will be 1 3/4", individually tracked with thier own icon and tracking # (CHxxxx) and the designs have already been approved by Groundspeak (gc.com). We haven't decided the metals yet for the coin, probably antique brass and/or antique silver. This coin would be considered the "regular coin".

The second is the "Lamp Post" coin. This will be a cut out coin in the shape of the lamp post. It will be 2" tall, individually numbered and trackable, and probably made of antique brass. This would be considered the "limited edition coin".

We have also considered doing pins with the lamp post coin design and hiking staff medallions using the front of the skirtlifter coin design depending on folks interest.

Thanks for your feedback!

Team Pez, GA Cacher, BackBrakeBilly, MadHattesNeverland, Thorny1

Hilarious, really like the art. Personally, I wouldn't waste the tracking on the LE version since none of them will actually move from cache to cache (except for those moved from event to event in binders). Why have the extra charge? Of course, there are those that only collect trackable coins, but I'm not one of those. :anibad:

--Marky

The coin is nice, but the term skirtlifter brings to my mind the awful new crime I heard about on the news called "upskirting" where one uses cell phones to take pictures on escalators and stairs where they ought not take photos of things they ought not take photos of, and then they post them on the internet. This is the reason manufacturers now make cell phones that make a noise when you take a picture, so the unwary can know when someone has taken a photo of their private 'moments' and they weren't looking. Just an opinion, it's the first thing that came to mind when I read your terminology. :anibad:

The coin is nice, but the term skirtlifter brings to my mind the awful new crime I heard about on the news called "upskirting" where one uses cell phones to take pictures on escalators and stairs where they ought not take photos of things they ought not take photos of, and then they post them on the internet. This is the reason manufacturers now make cell phones that make a noise when you take a picture, so the unwary can know when someone has taken a photo of their private 'moments' and they weren't looking. Just an opinion, it's the first thing that came to mind when I read your terminology. :D

You think that it was an unintentional reference? :laughing:

So who will be the first to have a cache called "Skirtlifter".

I believe Johnnie Lacy already does, but I think he just mentions it in the copy due to the family friendly nature of geocaching.com and all. That term is used often in these parts.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Can anyone float me a loan?!? :D

I got a '77 Pinto I can put up for collateral! :P

D-man :D

If only it had been a '76 . . . . :D

Hang loose! :D

I think I can change the tailights out and you'd never know the difference!! :D:D

Or maybe you might be interest in this 4speed 'Vette with a pistol grip shifter, air shocks, side pipes, & chrome mags? :D

D-man B)

Uh... :D Did I mention that it is a "Che"vette and the mags are 3 different types!! :D:laughing:

Here are the updated pics of the Skirtlifter Coins with the CHxxxx tracking on it. My apologies for the misleading PCxxxx on it before :) These, of course, are the artist renditions and subject to small changes from the minter.

Thanks!

T1

0a28b993-25ff-46e6-86b3-d79f51a43004.jpg Skirtlifter Coin front

2c1b08a8-0ecd-4eb8-928c-8995bbb3f937.jpg Skirtlifter Coin back

2162b7dd-0fdb-4c39-bc37-c3e85fc2f518.jpg Lamp Post Coin front

5fed01cf-0f01-4775-be0f-175c6c4e9a2e.jpg Lamp Post Coin back

The coin is nice, but the term skirtlifter brings to my mind the awful new crime I heard about on the news called "upskirting" where one uses cell phones to take pictures on escalators and stairs where they ought not take photos of things they ought not take photos of, and then they post them on the internet. This is the reason manufacturers now make cell phones that make a noise when you take a picture, so the unwary can know when someone has taken a photo of their private 'moments' and they weren't looking. Just an opinion, it's the first thing that came to mind when I read your terminology. :)

:) I must say that the term skirt lifter made me think of a coin with lifted skirts ;) . These leaves me to wonder why someone would be named Team Skirtlifter? Is this something to be proud of? :lol:

Perhaps there is another meaning behind this name other than my immediate negative impression?

Anyway I like the art cool design ;)