Geo Nuts, Or Nuts 4 Geocoins

Cornerstone4

Since the overall response to the Screw Coins has been postive, we are proceeding with artwork for the Nuts to go with the screws. I have not turned the artwork in for approval yet, so we are realistically looking at February or so before these will be available.

I would like some input though while the screws are still fresh in your mind.

There has been some confusion in telling the difference between the Silver and the Nickel platings. I would like to try to resolve that for the nuts, so I have come up with a couple of options I would like some feedback on.

Option 1- Keep all the plating options the same, so the screws and the nuts have the same plating. The only difference is I will take the time to mark down the tracking numbers of all the silver coins to keep on file here. That way, someone could always verify with me if the coin they purchased or traded for is actually a silver. I would also mark the outside of the baggie on every silver coin that goes out.

Option 2- I could switch the nickel plating for the standard version to bronze, or some other color. This will make it easy to tell the difference in the versions, but then the standard nuts won't look like the standard screws. (Oh boy, I can see the responses to this already!) :)

Anyway, I thought I would throw this out there to see if I get an overwhelming response either way.

I'm voting for Option #3. What's that, you say? Oh, option #3 is where you use the same finish as before, but have "-LE" added to the tracking number. That way, there'd be no doubt and no need to be bothering you to find out. :) Adding the -LE to the tracking number would be super simple. All the coin minters can deal with that just fine.

--Marky

I'm voting for Option #3. What's that, you say? Oh, option #3 is where you use the same finish as before, but have "-LE" added to the tracking number. That way, there'd be no doubt and no need to be bothering you to find out. :) Adding the -LE to the tracking number would be super simple. All the coin minters can deal with that just fine.

--Marky

Pure genious. :lol:

Why not do it via a number. For the Silver, number them Sxxx and for the Nickel do Nxxx and for the gold Gxxx.

Also, hopefully those of us who ordered before get a first crack at the nut;).

nielsenc.

Since they're trackable, you can't play with the tracking number, but you could add to the end of it similar to how some of the trackable geocoins have added a serial number. See option #3 above. :)

--Marky

I like Marky's #3. Since I know some people are very particular about their things matching. Actually, I'd have to say that if my nuts were mismatched I'd be very embarassed... and his idea seems like less work for you. But remember - someone somewhere will be less than happy about the end result no matter what you end up doing. Not only can you not fool everyone, you can't make them all happy either.