Dnf Geocoin

Marky

Here's the final art for the DNF geocoin that Mystery Ink and I were working on:

dnf_final.jpg

The design is intended for black nickel finish and we are going to mint 350 of those, of which we'll probably sell around 250 (keeping the remainder to drop in local caches, etc.) We're also minting 80 in Antique Bronze and will sell 50 of those. I think we are first going to offer them to anybody in our local coin club that might want some, then sell however many are left to the general public. I think we were looking at $5 for the standard and $6 for the LE (that includes shipping, but not insurance). Does that sound reasonable?

They might be done before the first of the year. Photo samples should be ready pretty soon. No idea on how or where they will be sold yet.

Edit: These threads seem to have a mind of their own, so this is now a pre-order interest thread for however many are left after our local club members order theirs. For the LE version, just one per person, no limit on the regular edition.

--Marky

Edited by Marky
Love the front of the coin! I told Mystery Ink that black nickle chips and isn't really a great metal to use. If you decide to do some in antique silver or silver nickle, I'd love to purchase a few.

I've not had any issues with any of the black nickel coins we have. Maybe you play too hard with yours. :)

--Marky

I'll take a couple as well. I am assuming that they will not be trackable lol

Lynn

These are meant to be cheap swag, so we didn't think adding the tracking was worth it. :)

I'm planning on leaving them on the ground when I have a DNF. :)

--Marky

I'll take a couple as well.  I am assuming that they will not be trackable  lol

Lynn

These are meant to be cheap swag, so we didn't think adding the tracking was worth it. :)

--Marky

with coords posted in your DNF I hope :)

jamie

I'll take a couple as well.  I am assuming that they will not be trackable  lol

Lynn

--Marky

with coords posted in your DNF I hope :D

jamie

No need to post the coords, they'd be where I zeroed out for the cache I was looking for. :) People would just need to look in a 30ft radius of where they zero out to find it. :D

--Marky

Picture this...You're not finding the cache, so you pull out this coin and stare at it, seeing the clear-cut consequences of giving up.

Therefore, out of shame, you're psychologically motivated to look harder!

Brilliant!

yeah... "I'm not leaving this coin, I'm not leaving this coin..."

--Marky

These threads seem to have a mind of their own, so this is now a pre-order interest thread for however many are left after our local club members order theirs. For the LE version, just one per person, no limit on the others. All previous posts will count as pre-order interest. :)

--Marky

That looks so great, the price is reasonable and I would buy it.

All of the coins that you guys create are so wonderful, they people here have lots of talent in designing coins.  :)  :)  :D

These threads seem to have a mind of their own, so this is now a pre-order interest thread for however many are left after our local club members order theirs. For the LE version, just one per person, no limit on the others. All previous posts will count as pre-order interest.

Ok so since this is now a pre-order/interest thread I want to clarify my order. I would like 2 standard coins and 1 LE. PLEASE, Thank You!! :)

EDIT:Spelling

Edited by ParentsofSAM