$$$ Raised For Charitites By Geocoin Sales?

bikinibottomfeeders

Just bumpin' cause I think pdx has an addition to make and to make a little metion of a SYF Silver Geocoin that's now available at a certain place beginning with the letter E :blink:

That's true, there was a little problem with my last auction. The winning bid was about $90. But the bidder was unhappy about the way the auction ended. So, after a few emails back and forth we finally figured out how to solve the problem and make him happy.

Bottom line... rather than selling the coin for $90, the coin sold for $334.:):):):)

That brings the total of charity coin sales to $13226.43

I just read the upated guidelines and need to get something out of my system:

EbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharityEbayCharity

I just read the upated guidelines and need to get something out of my system:

TrackableEbayCharityTrackableEbayCharityTrackableEbayCharityTrackableEbayCharityTrackableEbayCharity

TrackableEbayCharityTrackableEbayCharityTrackableEbayCharityTrackableEbayCharity

TrackableEbayCharity EbayCharityTrackableEbayCharity

Just a small edit there and you are good to go. :blink:

Edited by Keystone

Yep only trackable coins, which my little VERY LIMITED production samples are not, however, the coin that was produced in another metals was. Huh, I feel another question coming on about those guidelines :blink:

Staying on topic....

$13,226.43 total to date

Edited by AtlantaGal

This is great. I'm getting my coins in any day now. Mine are for trading only, however there is a charity that is close to my heart and I'll be listing some coins on ebay for that charity.

Tell me... what would be better. List my un-numbered proof bronze, or my #1 bronze and #1 LE silver?... Or I guess three separate auctions.

Ok - does it have to be coins? UTAH geocachers here held several events where invitees brought toys to donate to local charities for kids.... In my area, I got about $450 worth of toys for the Salvation army angel tree... Can I add it in?

~Rose

While admiral - So far this thread has been about donating cold-hard-cash to the charities. I would say to keep a separate bookkeeping total for donations of goods.

Ok - does it have to be coins?  UTAH geocachers here held several events where invitees brought toys to donate to local charities for kids.... In my area, I got about $450 worth of toys for the Salvation army angel tree... Can I add it in?

~Rose

While admiral - So far this thread has been about donating cold-hard-cash to the charities. I would say to keep a separate bookkeeping total for donations of goods.

and also the title says "money raised by geocoin sales"

I wonder if anyone is interested in my coin now that I am not allowed to advertise its sale in these forums. If I were looking, I'd do a search on my username or find a link to click on.

lol! I'm interested. Just too rich for me, even for charity. Wish I could, but I can't. So I pony up coins to do the same myself. Searching my username will yield that one :laughing:

Coin donations for the Helmut Fund stand around $6000.00 --- there is also a Skully and Mulder coin soon to be available.

Here are 5 highlights:

Mertat Antique personal geocoin $224.72 USD

Groundspeak Volunteer Geocoin $307.88 USD

Limited First Edition Gold LIGO geocoin $195.83 USD

Original Ray and Rose $200.00 USD

Mauison Copper Antique Geocoin $129.00 USD

And numerous other generous donations and bidders. :rolleyes:

Total $13,447.43

That is without the following since they are only estimates:

$3600 so far, put that is only a rough number

posted by dhenninger

or

Coin donations for the Helmut Fund stand around $6000.00 --- there is also a Skully and Mulder coin soon to be available.

I don't know if those are related or not.

maybe someone could post the actual details, like the highlighted 5 sales. or just list which coins and the total from them and add it to the total? Then we know they aren't double counted.

After eBay fees, two LE AtlantaGal coins made $285.00, which is being donated to Tanner's Family to help pay for medical bills from his treatments for liver cancer (nielsenc is Tanner's uncle).

$13,732.43

Be on the lookout for several Johnnie Lacy 2006 LE coins to appear on eBay very soon. There are 4 of them and all are #9 with no epoxy - Antique Brass, Silver, Gold and Copper! The proceeds from their sale(s) will also benefit Tanner's family.

Total $13,447.43

That is without the following since they are only estimates:

$3600 so far, put that is only a rough number

posted by dhenninger

or

I don't know if those are related or not.

maybe someone could post the actual details, like the highlighted 5 sales. or just list which coins and the total from them and add it to the total? Then we know they aren't double counted.

They are related.

I will post a solid number once most of the auctions are finished

Sorry this has been so long in coming, but the sales of the bikedog coin really drug on...

I am sending a check to the fund for $1952.00.

That figure does not reflect the checks that were made to the fund and I forwarded to the bank. It also does not include the sales that some of our generous cachers have taken to their local events. (Except for MustangJoni, since she send the funds to me, so her $200 in sales is in the figure.)

We still have around 200 coins left, so since the manufacturing costs have all been covered, that means an additional $2000.00 for the fund.

Everyone that has offered to take coins to their local events have run out of coins in minutes, so I think we will be successful in getting rid of the rest of them.

Thank you everyone for all of your help.

Dave

The Team Geocaching-Hockey jersey geocoins will be listing today hopefully and the monies raised will go to the MDA in the name of my local fire departments Fill-The-Boot. There will be a complete team set that are all trackable and have an icon. We almost hit 50 people on the team. So it will be a chunk of coins in the lot.

We have some to add to the total please:

PengoFamily LE Set

-$230 for MS

-$235.97 for the March of Dimes (through UOTrackers)

-$325 for the Make a Wish Foundation

PengoDaddy Signature geocoin

-$305.06 for the Make a Wish Foundation

PengoBky Signature geocoin

-$102.50 for Kaitlyn's lung transplant (cystic fibrosis) through Dorkfish.