$$$ Raised For Charitites By Geocoin Sales?

bikinibottomfeeders

This is a good thing READ ON!!!

Please don't mention any specific charities this thread it is just an inquiry as to how much geocachers have given back. Sort of a holiday charity thingy.

When you post please add how much your coin raised for charity and the previous persons total

Starting at:

$0.00

so the first poster will have the easiest job :)

I don't think this violates forum rules regarding charities since we are not discussing specific charities but let me know if it does.

If you don't want your name or coin listed just email me through my profile and I will list anonymous and approximately how much the coin went for.

thanx,

bbf

Edited by bikinibottomfeeders

I have sold 3 of my Antique Gold coins (a 4th will be sold Friday morning - see my sig line to help raise this total!)

1st - $510

2nd - $153

3rd - $501

4th - (at least $207)

My total - $1360

Geocacher total: $8767.41

note:

I bid on and lost an auction on a Johnnie Lacy that sold for $710 that I haven't seen listed yet

Edited by pdxmarathonman
I was wondering what have been the total fee charges paid that did not get to go to the charitites?  Or that came from your pocket?  Is there only that one way of listing to show it's for a charity?

If I sell a coin for $501 and designate 100% to charity the charity gets exactly $501 dollars of that. Any fees that paypal and Ebay charge are incurred by the seller.

Edited by pdxmarathonman
I was wondering what have been the total fee charges paid that did not get to go to the charitites?  Or that came from your pocket?  Is there only that one way of listing to show it's for a charity?

If I sell a coin for $501 and designate %100 to charity the charity gets exactly $501 dollars of that. Any fees that paypal and Ebay charge are incurred by the seller.

In addition, for 100% charity specified auctions, eBay matches your fees in a donation as well. So the charity actually gets a few dollars more than the closing bid in the end.

I have sold 3 of my Antique Gold coins (a 4th will be sold Friday morning - see my sig line to help raise this total!)

1st - $510

2nd - $153

3rd - $501

4th - (at least $207)

My total - $1360

Geocacher total: $8767.41

note:

I bid on and lost an auction on a Johnnie Lacy that sold for $710 that I haven't seen listed yet

I bought the Johnnie Lacy, so since the seller hasn't posted here.

1 Johnnie Lacy - $710

New total: $9477.41

1st - $510

2nd - $153

3rd - $501

4th - (at least $207)

My total - $1360

Geocacher total:  $8767.41

note:

I bought the Johnnie Lacy, so since the seller hasn't posted here.

1 Johnnie Lacy - $710

New total: $9477.41

Oh, was that you? :unsure:

If the bids on an auction that ends around 8:30am PST Friday morning get high enough to win coin #4 we'll be over $10K. wink-wink, nudge-nudge

Edited by pdxmarathonman

I don't know about all the negativity going on but i think some people have reason to be proud of themselves. over $10,000 has been raised by geocachers this year and this doesn't even include what we do as a group by CITOing! I am honored to be a part of something like geocaching. I know that some of us annoy others but man take a step back during this holiday season from all the pettiness and look at the good. I think this rocks and would like to personally thank all those who have sold their coins for good causes and also would like to thank all those who bought the coins and contriubuted their hard earned money.

thanx,

bbf

:anibad:

What should I do? I want to do a charity auction for a certain place but they haven't had time to get registered with that place they have to yet. Should I go ahead and and start the auction to get it done and over with by Christmas as a gift to them? Or wait for them to get registered?

Edited by Parrolet