Sd Memory Cards

bigbiker

ScanDisk memory (SD) is scandisk memory

It's actually Sandisk. Also, SD stands for Secure Digital, and many companies make SD cards, not just Sandisk.

I've found the best place to get SD cards is not retail, but online. I was able to buy a 512meg card for $80 or something when Walmart still had them for over $100. Now they are even cheaper than that.

Jamie

Best on-line prices I've found (from a reputable site that I trust) is 'newegg.com'.  They have great prices on most electronic items.  I've always had great service from them and the prices are very competative.  You can get 1gig SD cards now starting as low as $50.

Ditto that. I have had good experience with all my purchases from newegg. Other online sources that you might consider: amazon, wal-mart, thenerds.net, staples, office depot, digitally unique. There are surely others but in most cases if you shop these you can purchase the lowest price with confidence. Choosing by price alone is typically a gigantic mistake.

Edited by Team Cotati
Best on-line prices I've found (from a reputable site that I trust) is 'newegg.com'. They have great prices on most electronic items. I've always had great service from them and the prices are very competative. You can get 1gig SD cards now starting as low as $50.

I'll agree with that as well, I bought a 512 MB SD card there months ago. ($50)

SanDisk should work with any brand, but it is recommended by Lowrance for their units. You might could check with the GPS manufacturer to see what brands they support.