It's Time To Bury A Cache

BlueDeuce

at least in a time capsule.

Seriously, I think we should start an archive of the current cache items and tools we use in this pastime. Perhaps they can be gathered at the next geowoodstock event.

What would go in it and where should it be placed? In Key West at gc.com headquarters?

I think an Ammocan, a Garmin Legend (no it doesn't have to be a working model), and a TB tag (old style) are a must.

A disk of some great forum conversations would be nice... (Hi Dan!)

Not a bad idea,wasn't there a recent posting of forum favorites? I could either print them off or possibly put them to disc. If anyone has forums suggestions, add them there (I guess)

Dont forget to include that all important GC.com "stashnote",,,,, properly sized and laminated of course!

You laminate it, I'll add it.

Then we could all search for "time capsule" on eBay.

hee hee! Ain't it the truth. I'll have to print off a few sales.

also one of the all time favorites...A KFC Moist Towelet ........

I'm kind of partial to used ticket stubs.

Edited by BlueDeuce
I'm kind of partial to used ticket stubs.

They're about as good a cahce item as those scratch and win lotto tickets... with all the fields scratched off. :wacko:

Seriously, I think this is an interesting idea. Maybe people could submit personal sig items for inclusion in the "cache". And maybe a few coins and TBs for flavor.

If you create a list of the contents of this time capsule, make sure you say that there's a Jeep TB in it, but don't put one in :wacko:

:(

I'm just worried that someone 50 years from now opens it up and says, 'Yep, that's pretty much what my cache looks like today'.

The sad thing is I'm not really joking.

Seriously, I think we should start an archive of the current cache items and tools we use in this pastime. Perhaps they can be gathered at the next geowoodstock event.

If your actually serious I would suggest rather than bury it ( :lol: ), just putt everything in an ammo can and sealing in inside a 3x3x3 cube of concrete. Avoidings the bury problem, and might be more meaning for to visit??

Of course you'd need somewhere to store the block, and would have to figure out how hot it would get inside. Would hate to open a time capsule in the future and find damaged / unreadable stuff :)

I never said bury. The actual archive container hasn't really been decided yet. Heck who knows this could just turn into a museum type display.

If I do bury it in a concrete block I think I'll put in a ol' timer, someone from the '01 era.

:)

Edited by BlueDeuce