Uk Geocoin

steviep

Our two arrived safely today. They look great. In fact so great that Antonia (4) had ripped open the envelope, cast aside the registration note, and swiped both coins and hidden them in her room before I got home. It took a fair bit of bribery and persuasion before I even got to see them. :)

Thanks again for all the effort that went into them.

My 4 arrived this morning. The numbered one (049) I've activated and will keep. The first of the un-numbered ones has been activated and will be set free in a new cache (The Planets - Pluto [GCRHWT]) that's scheduled for 'publishing' on Saturday :)

Oh dear.... have I inadvertently advertised a cache... ? Umm.... Sorry :)

Someone in the UK has already put one on ebay HERE

I'm not sure that it's a big deal if a few are sold on Ebay (although I don't intend to do that with any of mine!).

But perhaps the best way of discouraging this is for everyone to start dropping them off in caches (as per the original idea of geocoins)... :unsure: Then people who don't possess one can at least borrow an example for a few days, diminishing the temptation to obtain one by hook or crook.

I'll hang on to one of mine, and perhaps another for a swap, but the rest are destined for the caching world! :lol:

HH