Geocaching Dog Bandana

Bryan

We are pleased to annouce a new Geocaching Dog Product, The Dog Bandana:

geo5615bb.jpg

geo5615c.jpg

We hope that you, and more importantly your dogs, like it. :D

Rothstafari

Groundspeak Inc.

Shelton doesn't look too happy does he? That's because he's embarrassed. I can tell you, from experience, that dogs do NOT like to be dressed up in human clothes, it's degrading. Only wus-dogs, like poodles like it. A collar, a harness, a backpack, or in snow, a back blanket or booties -- that's OK, that's working tack. But neckerchiefs and hats--uh-uh!! <_<:mad:

Show a little respect...

The little white dog knows whereof he speaks. He lives with nine Siberian Huskies all of which have pulled a sled. Sled dogs are the toughest dogs on earth. They wear blankets and booties when necessary, but put a hanky around their neck and they'll rip it to shreds in seconds. The bandanas look great. Buy them, lots of them, use them, but don't make your poor dogs wear them. They're not puppets to be dressed up!

By the way, how much are they?

Who's the cute Lab?

His name is Shelton G. Schmidt. He is owned by Michael Schmidt who, incidentally, brought a gps unit with him to work in the year 2000 and lent it to Jeremy Irish. The ball rolled downhill from there. <_<

Very interesting. :mad:

Shelton doesn't look too happy does he? That's because he's embarrassed. I can tell you, from experience, that dogs do NOT like to be dressed up in human clothes, it's degrading. Only wus-dogs, like poodles like it. A collar, a harness, a backpack, or in snow, a back blanket or booties -- that's OK, that's working tack. But neckerchiefs and hats--uh-uh!! 

Show a little respect...

Go fly a kite. :D:P

We have only recently put a bandana on J.C. We found one as a sig item in a cache. I put it on him and he likes it. We take it off when we leave for the day to go to work and he just has his collar on. When he gets home we just hold it in front of him and he puts his head through to put it on. I do agree about the clothes and stuff. None of that for him. He enjoys cool/cold weather too much anyway. The few times we have gotten snow he just loves to stay outside and play in it (and eat it).

He has had sunglasses on, but only because he is cool.

I guess like so many things in life (like geocaching), to each his own.

You know, we - the humans of the Car54 team - feel kinda goofy in our blaze orange vests, but we wear them religiously during hunting season. For the same reason, the Car54 canines wear bright-colored bandanas during that time frame. The rule is that we don't make them look "goofy" unless we, too, are looking "goofy". <_<

Now to head to the store and get 2 nice new bandanas!

Mrs. Car54

I've got a 170 pound Irish Wolfhound who I let off leash when we are caching back in the trails. He's a great little guy and very friendly, but can be a bit intimidating. When we come across other hikers and he isn't wearing a bandana they are little afraid of him, however if he is wearing a bandana everyone comes right up to him and aren't the least bit afraid.

During hunting season he and his sister (the Basset Hound) both wear their reflective vests and colars... but when it isn't hunting season they won't be caught outdoors without their bandana.

That being said... this is a great pattern and think I'll get a few for the Meur Hounds <_<

4592b689-d44b-4399-882f-facda4b68b6b.jpg

Edited by Hounds of Meur

Our dog "Geo" is very attached to her bandanas!!! She gets very upset if you take them off, and I think she even pouts a little! I do think dogs look goofy all dressed up, but I think a brightly colored bandana is a great idea...especially when out hiking! But, for those who think it is just utterly stupid...this is why I suggested a collar and leash to Groundspeak!

We are pleased to annouce a new Geocaching Dog Product, The Dog Bandana:

geo5615bb.jpg

geo5615c.jpg

We hope that you, and more importantly your dogs, like it.  B)

Rothstafari

Groundspeak Inc.

Shelton doesn't look too happy does he? That's because he's embarrassed. I can tell you, from experience, that dogs do NOT like to be dressed up in human clothes, it's degrading. Only wus-dogs, like poodles like it. A collar, a harness, a backpack, or in snow, a back blanket or booties -- that's OK, that's working tack. But neckerchiefs and hats--uh-uh!! B):blink:

Show a little respect...

871df54c-6b5e-498f-9ac8-1853377d1307.jpg

Earthdog Patrick, you should have stuck to just a GC Bandana. :PB)