Courthouses

but you would need 2 categories:

former courthouses

current courthouses

the trend in this area is to build a new one, and use the old one for other offices (sometimes they just sit for a while).

also in GA, each county seat courthouse has a historical marker about the county. this would be at the former courthouse if there were 2.

Why can't it just be a variable within the waymark category? This would help to better describe the type of courthouse.

Type of courthouse:

Country

State/Province

County

City

Courthouse holds court (yes/no)

(or however you want to describe whether it continues to be a courthouse)

Here in Texas they are offically called a Sub Courthouse. Larger populated counties may have several that are located across the county in high density population areas.

I believe this should be limited to just buildings that have the word Courthouse in the offical title of the building.

That would work ok. Just so long as the name of the building contrained the word "Courthouse".

The description of the courthouse could then say which Courts sat in the building. I know that here you can have both district and local courts in the same building.

Edited by txoilgas

That would work ok. Just so long as the name of the building contrained the word "Courthouse".

The description of the courthouse could then say which Courts sat in the building. I know that here you can have both district and local courts in the same building.

There are probably multiple configurations througout the United States.

However, I think we should make every effort to make such categories international. What are the Canadian terms? What about our European members and others?? Let's go for a more universal description and leave specific terminology and labels more flexible.