Season's Greetings To Lactodorum And Eckington

On behalf of The Cache Hoppers, I would like to extend a huge HUGE thank you to both Lactodorum and Eckington for all the hard work they put in towards making Geocaching a brilliant pastime and hobby for us. We're coming up to our first anniversary in the game and during that time have received heaps of support from our approvers. 

So here's wishing you both a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.mouse2.gif

Edited by The Cache Hoppers

I couldn't agree more. Thank you very much to a couple of solid-gold geezers without whom geocaching in the UK wouldn't be the wonderful game it is. Cheers again for all your unpaid work, patience and even-handedness and I hope you have a relaxing and rewarding Christmas (or other midwinter festival of your choice) this year as well as a great 2006.

SP smilexmas.gif

Edited by Simply Paul

I don't think I can put it more succinctly than Sir Humphry

"I wonder if I might crave your momentary indulgence in order to discharge a by no means disagreeable obligation which has, over the years, become more or less established practice in government service as we approach the terminal period of the year -- calendar, of course, not financial -- in fact, not to put too fine a point on it, Week Fifty-One -- and submit to you, with all appropriate deference, for your consideration at a convenient juncture, a sincere and sanguine expectation -- indeed confidence -- indeed one might go so far as to say hope -- that the aforementioned period may be, at the end of the day, when all relevant factors have been taken into consideration, susceptible to being deemed to be such as to merit a final verdict of having been by no means unsatisfactory in its overall outcome and, in the final analysis, to give grounds for being judged, on mature reflection, to have been conducive to generating a degree of gratification which will be seen in retrospect to have been significantly higher than the general average."

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Lactodorum and Eckington.

We all owe you a big thankyou. Things wouldn't be the same without all your hard work and efforts. Hope you enjoy what you do ;)

Looking at your stats though, it looks like you both need to get out a bit more and get some hunting done next year. ;);):P:P:P:anitongue:

:):D Many thanks to the both of you for all the work you put in throughout the year,hope to see you both at Winchester next year.

Ps,Whats the chance of getting a cache approved on xmas day?

Many thanks to you all, I hope we will maintain our usual high level of service next year :D:)B) donations of red wine could ensure this B):D:D

I have replied to daveyboy seperately and told him exactly what he can do with his Christmas Day cache B):)

Submit it of course, and we'll review it :D:o:)B)

Well done to both on providing such a good service. In fact, I was thinking about this the other day- the best service I come across I get from E&L and from a football fanzine site (bsad.org, if your interested) and in both cases it's done by people for free. A victory for love over money, I think! :)

Forgot to add, I was also planning to submit a cache on Christmas day, just to test how good the service really is! :):D

Edited by Pieman

a9efb879-786b-4bc8-ae02-98708b9ba51b.jpg

:)

Happy Christmas and thanks for your sense of humour!

So ( by way of a challenge to both of you - and anyone else ) - here's a little task.

Denne turboksen er en 2,2-liters beholder, plassert slik at den er tilgjengelig også om vinteren, en kort spasertur (omtrent 230m) fra en passende parkeringsplass (78° 9.294' N, 16° 2.173' Ø). Det kan imidlertid være ekstreme værforhold på disse breddegradene, så ta hensyn til været og den lille (men ikke dermed sagt uvesentlige) faren for å møte en isbjørn. Det er mørketid (solen kommer ikke over horisonten) i Longyearbyen fra 26. oktober til 16. februar, og det kan være svært mørkt og svært kaldt. Derfor gir vi denne turboksen 4 stjerner for terreng, selv om den neppe er mer enn 1 eller 2 om sommeren. Det er midnattssol fra 19. april til 23. august, men det kan fremdeles være kaldt og man må være på vakt for bjørn. Hvis du ikke selv har den nødvendige erfaring for å bevege deg i Svalbard-landskapet, så snakk med noen som har det.

What is the GC number for this cache?

( and it isnt this one ) but you do need to fly there - nice Winter's day out.

:)

<_<

So ( by way of a challenge to both of you - and anyone else ) - here's a little task.

Denne turboksen er en 2,2-liters beholder, plassert slik at den er tilgjengelig også om vinteren, en kort spasertur (omtrent 230m) fra en passende parkeringsplass (78° 9.294' N, 16° 2.173' Ø). Det kan imidlertid være ekstreme værforhold på disse breddegradene, så ta hensyn til været og den lille (men ikke dermed sagt uvesentlige) faren for å møte en isbjørn. Det er mørketid (solen kommer ikke over horisonten) i Longyearbyen fra 26. oktober til 16. februar, og det kan være svært mørkt og svært kaldt. Derfor gir vi denne turboksen 4 stjerner for terreng, selv om den neppe er mer enn 1 eller 2 om sommeren. Det er midnattssol fra 19. april til 23. august, men det kan fremdeles være kaldt og man må være på vakt for bjørn. Hvis du ikke selv har den nødvendige erfaring for å bevege deg i Svalbard-landskapet, så snakk med noen som har det.

:mad:

I reckon it's This one

Happy Christmas to Lacto and Ecky with thanks for all they do for us lot

<_<

:mad:

I reckon it's This one

Happy Christmas to Lacto and Ecky with thanks for all they do for us lot

......you just beat me to it :D:P:P:P