Coin Error

SRD525

Coloring is done by hand...so the painter had drunk one beer too much! :anitongue:

Actually, I think he was drinking Scotch, as Scotland's about where the mis-paint occurred.

Before we let you leave, your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse.

Guess the movie?

Coloring is done by hand...so the painter had drunk one beer too much!  :anitongue:

Actually, I think he was drinking Scotch, as Scotland's about where the mis-paint occurred.

Before we let you leave, your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse.

Guess the movie?

Hint:

FREEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine what a totally boring job it must be to hand-paint custom coins all day long? Some of the designs are so intricate. Totally boring yet extremely detailed. I bet the painters don't make a whole lotta money at it either. It's no wonder there's the occasional mistake, despite someone else having the equally boring job of checking each coin. Better go over your collections, I bet there are other mistakes out there too, waiting to be discovered. BTW the painter and quality checker were likely drinking maotai or soju, not beer.

Edited by Hugh Jazz
My five are OK and one is serial numbered. Yours must be "RARE" better get ti on ebay!!!!!!!!!

Soooo, what is the significance of just one having a serial number? :)

I don't remember the significance, but out of my 5 coins, only 1 had a separate S/N.

That sounds rather odd. Where is the S/N on the coin?

Coloring is done by hand...so the painter had drunk one beer too much!  :o

Well, if your painter was drinking, then mine was on some serious mind altering drugs...

47ca16d2-a068-4dd6-8a1b-11c8b0f05c73.jpg

:)

:):D:):D

What was the number of LE Acid Tie-Dyed ones made?

You know, I'm now tempted to recolor some of my coins... I wonder what kind of enamel paint I should use.

My five are OK and one is serial numbered. Yours must be "RARE" better get ti on ebay!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember the significance, but out of my 5 coins, only 1 had a separate S/N.

That sounds rather odd. Where is the S/N on the coin?

For the one I have, the Serial number is just to the left of the tracking number.

It is S/N 144. The other 4 I got have nothing in the same spot.

...For the one I have, the Serial number is just to the left of the tracking number.

Those are the bonus coins. Some were numbered, most weren't. Tracking makes crappy numbering (even though it's unique).

The numbered coins are for all intents and purposes the LE UK coins.

Except for the one in this thread which is even more rare.

...For the one I have, the Serial number is just to the left of the tracking number.

Those are the bonus coins. Some were numbered, most weren't. Tracking makes crappy numbering (even though it's unique).

The numbered coins are for all intents and purposes the LE UK coins.

Except for the one in this thread which is even more rare.

woohoo got one of the S/N as well numbered 107 :)

Soooo, what is the significance of just one having a serial number? <_<

Hey BGF :mad:

The reason some of us got the "LE" coin is because we were the ones who first ordered them a long time ago and it was their way of thanking us for our patience :D Isn't that sweet? :P

The reason some of us got the "LE" coin is because we were the ones who first ordered them a long time ago and it was their way of thanking us for our patience  :mad:  Isn't that sweet?  <_<

I thought that was very cool myself. I had thought I might have been forgotten about until I got a very nice email asking if I was ready to order. I was told I would get an LE coin too. It came in as expected.

I would like to express my thanks to the organizers for keeping such good notes over the time this has taken. I fully expected to be lost in the shuffle but their attention to detail was fantastic. Many thanks to you all. Great work.

Hey BGF :(

The reason some of us got the "LE" coin is because we were the ones who first ordered them a long time ago and it was their way of thanking us for our patience :) Isn't that sweet? :)

Lori,

"Good things come to those who wait". :wacko:

bgf