Witness Post?

Fenderstrat72

I can't bring up your link [from one computer network--this one works fine].

Generally there are two types of witness post that I have seen in common use for the marks in the data base. The older one is a steel post bearing white sign with black letters saying something like "Do not disturb nearby survey mark" and the newer one is an orange plastic post with the lettering on it. Other agencies may have customized similar ones.

Edited by Bill93

Fenderstrat -

What you have there is your basic "Orange Carsonite Witness Post", probably the second most common type (the first being the plain, old 1X2).

Carsonite International is the company that makes those orange posts (and the blue ones and yellow ones, etc etc, for other applications like buried TV cable, etc etc).

Will

Edited by seventhings

Thanks for all the info. Yes that is an A-10 avatar. I am active duty , nearly 24yrs, and the A-10 was the first a/c I worked. Although I am now at a F-16 base I have never lost my love of the A-10.

Hi Fenderstrat72. Found your forum while searching witness posts and benchmarks. I was only USAF for 4-years, but was stationed at MBAFB from 77-80 working PMEL. We transitioned from A7-D's to A-10's during that time. Checked Google Earth from way over here in California and see lots of changes at (what was) MBAFB. PMEL lab is gone. :laughing: Waypoint-Willie