Places > Transportation > Helicopter Landing Pads

To those of us who are involved in military, EMS, or Fire/Rescue careers, there has been a need at one time or another to locate a nearby helicopter landing pad. I know that in my many years of working as an EMT, I have had to airlift a handful of critical patients.

So, just like having a category for firehouses, why not have an equally important and useful category for helicopter landing pads (or helipads)?

Example:

Click For Photo

This category would have to be restricted to physical landing pads that are marked as such, typically with an H and/or a visible windsock.

Any ideas? :rolleyes:

what about public access concerns? many are on the tops of buildings--especially in urban areas--and only the people who use it would know it was there.....so you waymark the helipad on your building, how would i be able to log it?

The same way in which you log a benchmark you cannot reach, such as on top of a building. If you know it's there, and you're in the right place, you got it.

In urban cases, I think making it to the applicable building is close enough to log a visit.

i have not logged benchmarks of this type in Athens. how do you know it is still there if you cannot see it? just because the description says it is, does not make it so.

now, if someone else has logged it (with a pic), they you know it is there--as with your waymark category--then you could log it. the roof might have been renovated ant the benchmark destroied.