Caching Teams?

OmniCitadel

From my general experience, when there is a Team (or family) there is usually one person who goes to every single cache and the other members come sometimes, but enough to say that the one person is not a solo cacher. Those other members would generally not log on their own; have no interest in having an account; but enjoy making the trip and do sign the logs in the tangible log book.

So the reasons I would guess:

- The account holder doesn't consider him/herself a solo cacher

- Wants to notify the cache owner of their team status to account for names in the books

- Wants to advertise they have friends/partners

- It is a more accurate description of what happens when they cache; rather then every single time they log saying: "Came in with: A,B, and C..."

For me caching is with my girlfriend and I always ask if she wants to come; if she doesn't it doesn't stop me though.

From my general experience, when there is a Team (or family) there is usually one person who goes to every single cache and the other members come sometimes, but enough to say that the one person is not a solo cacher. Those other members would generally not log on their own; have no interest in having an account; but enjoy making the trip and do sign the logs in the tangible log book.

So the reasons I would guess:

- The account holder doesn't consider him/herself a solo cacher

- Wants to notify the cache owner of their team status to account for names in the books

- Wants to advertise they have friends/partners

- It is a more accurate description of what happens when they cache; rather then every single time they log saying: "Came in with: A,B, and C..."

For me caching is with my girlfriend and I always ask if she wants to come; if she doesn't it doesn't stop me though.

thats how it works for me and my girlfriend. i started caching, and after i did a few, she started coming along. we had seperate names, and each logged caches seperately online and in the cache logs.

my girlfriend doesnt spend near the time on line i do. and she didnt enjoy logging the caches online. everything she couldve said in a log, i had already said in mine. seeing her finds rack up as a number did nothing for her. she does it just to get out and do something with me. she slowly got very backed up on logging her finds. and finally decided she wasnt going to log them online she was so backed up.

i decided to change my caching account to a name we would both go by. she does 99% of the caches i do anyways. i can only think of 6 that i have done when she wasnt along. its easier for everyone. we sign one name, i make the log, and its less bandwidth we take up on the site.

Our team consists of me and my husband. I usually do the online logging, but he has on occasion. He usually writes in the log book, but I have on occasion. In the forums it is always me because I have access to a computer all day long and he does not. He has never gone caching w/o me, but I have stopped at a few on my way home from work without him and I always sign as the team. There is one cache we haven't been able to find that he plans to go back to after work one day without me, if he finds it he will sign as our team. We have been a team for 20 years now so it just made sense to be a caching team as well.

In our first iteration, we were FlashnCache. But since my wife and daughter (sometimes and almost always, respectively) come along on caching adventures, I decided to change our name to the current, Team FnC listing. I guess I felt like it made it more of a family thing that way. Anyway, when I sign the logs I always identify the members that came along - i.e. Dave and Josie of Team FlashnCache, or Dave, Cathy and Josie of T FnC; sometimes it's just plain ol' Dave of T FnC... (Yes, I identify the Team even when I go solo. Gives it that "We're all in this together" feel!)

And hey! We just passed 50 finds! Not much of a milestone, but it's our first!

Woohoo! Go Team FlashnCache!!!

:laughing::D:P:D:D:D