Requesting Special Numbers

bikinibottomfeeders

Anyone can request any number they want. Personally numbers don't mean much to me, but like most for whatever dumb reason, I like my hunk o metal to be a lower number. I don't typically request it though, but am always curious when my coins come as to what I got. Now lower numbers do get more cash on eBay though.

Nothing "belongs" to anyone so what is the problem with "giving" certain numbers to those we trade or sell to.I was unaware of Atlanta Gals desire for #7 but did send Shopper99 my#99 coin.A local non-geocacher asked me for # 88 becase it held some special meaning to him.When I was sorting and sending the Maryland coins I sent several to people that had meaningful numbers or initials.Silver Marc got a coin that included NY and several people got DR as a part of the coin #.CavScouts request for #7 recently seemed less about what he wanted and more about keeping it from someone else.

Now lower numbers do get more cash on eBay though.

Exactly, so why should someone that requests such low numbers ALWAYS get them? ANd why would other people stick up for them if they know that the lower coins go for more on ebay? :D

and as far as AG goes if she likes the #7 so much why doesn't she ask for 77

there are twice as many 7's in that number :unsure:

Edited by bikinibottomfeeders

In an act of desperate immaturity, and what can only be described as "Coin Numbering Vengeance", I tried to slip PA Bronze #B666 into a package destined for Cornerstone4. devil-smiley-019.gif

Thankfully, by divine intervention, someone dangled PA Gold #21 in front of my face, and it soothed the psychotic side of me. :unsure:

The moral of this story, is send Yime your #21's, or I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger.

Or something.

:D <----if you took it seriously.

Just for clarification #7 doesn't belong to me. I just like that number and request it when I think to. If someone else asks for it first and the coin seller or trader wishes to allow specific number requests, then by all means, give it to them. It's just a number on a coin. No reason to get bent outta shape about it :unsure:

However, as someone has already noted in this thread, the recent requests by SOMEONE ELSE for #7 specifically was more out of keeping it from me than the fact that said person really and truely desired that numbered coin, regardless of the niavity said person showed in followup posts. The person was mocking me, plain and simple. 'Nuff said :D

I like #7 coins. I will ask for them. It's up to the person selling/trading their coin whether or not they allow me to have it. Like I said before, any number is fine in the end and I do appreciate & thank all those folks who have helped/are helping me attain #7 coins. I thank them for their kindness :D

It's just a number on a coin. No reason to get bent outta shape about it :unsure:

However, as someone has already noted in this thread, the recent requests by SOMEONE ELSE for #7 specifically was more out of keeping it from me than the fact that said person really and truely desired that numbered coin, regardless of the niavity said person showed in followup posts. The person was mocking me, plain and simple. 'Nuff said :D

I think I may be the "someone" else that someone else is refering to. Personally I could give two hoots on what they do. My request was for my personal gain and use. My email even has the numbers 07,11 in it... Its a number I use often,0711...

I have no reason to acknowledge what "someone" does or am I taking jabs at anyone when I ask for a number.

Nobody knows who I am or what I do until you personally met me. All you may hear is urban myth.

Remember its just a number on a coin. No reason to accuse anyone of making jabs.

Merry Christmas to all... Give the Iraqi children love and gifts this year!

Edited by Cav Scout

I don't know the situation at all, but I do know that in the US Army, the First Sergeant's number is always 7. He is known by his call sign on the radio or at meetings by this. Usually the company will have a letter designation, like A, B, or C for the companies. The companies take on a name that usually coordespond with their letter but not always. For example, I belong to a C Co, and we call ourselves Cobra Company, our First Sergeant is known as Cobra 7. Just thought I would put that out, but like I said, I don't know the situation and haven't read up on it that much.

I have only recieved a couple requests for numbers and tried to fill those requests.

As for "owning" a number? I happen to be the owner of the number 5. If anyone uses this number, please send me a royalty of 5 cents. This includes embedded 5's and each use is charged. Please remember this when writing checks, etc.

Also, if you write me a royalty check for 5 cents you owe me 10 cents.

CavScouts request for #7 recently seemed less about what he wanted and more about keeping it from someone else.

I thought CavScout's request reflected his/her affiliation with the 7th Cav. How dumb am I?

This is strange that you should bring this up but my Regimental affiliation is with the 7th US Cavalry. I was in the 7th from 1990-92, Fort Carson Colorado, Garry Owen!

My call sign in Iraq is Assassin 7. I belong to A Troop 4-14 Cavalry.

I have been baptized in blood and fire in Iraq. Guess I earned the number 7 for my militatry service.

My title of A7 or Assassin 7 was hard earned.

Now you all know why I like the number 7.....

Military or prior service will understand what I am talking about.

As for "owning" a number?  I happen to be the owner of the number 5.  If anyone uses this number, please send me a royalty of 5 cents.  This includes embedded 5's and each use is charged.  Please remember this when writing checks, etc.

Also, if you write me a royalty check for 5 cents you owe me 10 cents.

Uh, oh...you and the Cinco Centavos guy, Cent5, might need to talk :unsure:.

...However I do claim all moose.

Ok, you can have moose... but we reserve the hound group. :D

Hounds....okay. I get DOGS! -- (the nice-smelling ones anyhow)

We want all coins with bugs on them!!!

OK. I'll dig mine out of the garden and check....... :unsure::D:D:D

Sorry, I could'nt resist that one.......... :D

Edited by Big JohnP
...However I do claim all moose.

Ok, you can have moose... but we reserve the hound group. :D

Hounds....okay. I get DOGS! -- (the nice-smelling ones anyhow)

We want all coins with bugs on them!!!

OK. I'll dig mine out of the garden and check....... :D:D:unsure::D

Sorry, I could'nt resist that one.......... :D

I suppose that could be a safer place to keep them than under a mattress :D.

I'd try it here, but the ground will be frozen solid until May :D.

For me The only coin I had hoped to get a specific number for was the OIFGA Gold coin. Had I realized I could ask for a number I would have asked for # 63. I ended up with # 61. Those that know my background also know why... Other than that one coin, I do look for "fun" numbers when I am trading but I don't go out of my way to get a special number.