Wish Event Pocket Query Sorted By Date

geedunk

Well, actually it could be automatic for me....

I tend to always miss events because I live out in the sticks and when I pull up my lists the events are on page 4 or 15.

I found out that I could make a Pocket Query for just event type caches (COOL!)

but the listing is sorted by distance (not a big help for *this* type of list)

It would be nice if the *event* Pocket Query would be sorted by date, so I can quickly see when I'm about to miss one.

Thank You!

You can save yourself the waiting and the Pocket Query if you use your "My Account Page"

On the right hand side is the control box "Search Options"

One of the choices is "List Newest In (Insert state of province here)

EVENTS will rise to the top of the list since the date is a future one, the search sorts 'newest' entries.

If I knew how to post an image in the Forums, I would for ya!

:unsure: The Blue Quasar

... One of the choices is "List Newest In (Insert state of province here) ...

There are a few problems with this solution. First, if you live in a large state, you get lots of events that you have no interest in. Second, if you live in a small state or near a state border, you miss out on events that you may be interested in.

There are a few problems with this solution. First, if you live in a large state, you get lots of events that you have no interest in. Second, if you live in a small state or near a state border, you miss out on events that you may be interested in.

Good point.

The Pocket Query is the best method.

You can always "Preview" your Pocket Query anytime in the Manage Bookmarks area and see if there is anything new. That doesn't cost you a PQ email. Hey, you can even set it so that it never runs, and preview it at will.

I do that with what I call "Dummy Query" so I can alter the info I want to know about. Update the parameters and then choose "Run the Search on the nearest cache page". Sure you don't get the actual PQ data emailed to you, but you can easily look around. In the case of EVENT it is not really an effective way, but when you want multiple data information I find it useful.

:unsure: The Blue Quasar

You can always "Preview" your Pocket Query anytime in the Manage Bookmarks area and see if there is anything new.

This is what I do - I never run the event query - I just preview it - The preview listing for only event queries is what I wish to have sorted by date. So that the next event is first on the list and I can plan my schedule of upcoming events...

Do you have a "state"? In the states if you go to the advanced search and click the "find in a particular state", caches - including events - will be listed in chronological order. Since the events are mostly future, they'll be at the top of the list.

Here's Illinois for an example.

Of course the other option is to peruse the event calendar on the front page.

Edited by Markwell

Whoops. Sorry - I was distracted last night.

Then why not save a pocket query for a radius of events and limit the "date placed"? Make it placed between today and one month from now, with a radius of whatever you'd like to travel, and you should see a much more limited number.