Holiday Coins Series Coin#2

Kilted Cacher

The Christmas Coin turned out great and now it's time to order the second coin in the series of 4 Holiday Coins.

The second coin in the geocaching.com trackable Holiday Coin series is the Groundhog Day Geocoin. This coin features a groundhog seeing his shadow on one side with the saying, "Six more weeks of winter caching", and the other side has him not seeing his shadow with the saying, "Early springtime caching". This coin will be due to ship by the middle of January 2006. There will only be 500 made and the coin will be 1.75" diameter with color on both side as well as the Holiday Coin tracking code which is trackable on gc.com (prefix HC).

Order Coins here

groundhog.JPG

So does this coin "share" the same icon as the Christmas coin? Will all of the holiday coins be put under this same icon?

In other words, is it like the Seven Summits coins where if you have both coins you still only have one icon representing both coins and your #'s will say "2"?

Yes, there share the same icon. Once all 4 coins are finished there will be 2000 coins total (4 x 500 coins) for the same icon.

The third coin may very well be a shamrock shaped coin for St. Pat's Day, something like a cache at the end of the rainbow with a leprechaun holding a GPSr type theme.

So does this coin "share" the same icon as the Christmas coin? Will all of the holiday coins be put under this same icon?

In other words, is it like the Seven Summits coins where if you have both coins you still only have one icon representing both coins and your #'s will say "2"?

Yes, there share the same icon. Once all 4 coins are finished there will be 2000 coins total (4 x 500 coins) for the same icon.

The third coin may very well be a shamrock shaped coin for St. Pat's Day, something like a cache at the end of the rainbow with a leprechaun holding a GPSr type theme.

Given that you are contemplating 3 coins for holidays from December through March and haven't hinted what the fourth might be. Does that mean there could possibly be more than 4 in the series and additional HC tracking numbers purchased for future coins?

Not really, the series should be complete by late spring / early summer. I tried to look out at the whole year and pick 4 holidays, Independence Day and Labor Day won't be used. Once the 4 coins are done, that will be it, unless I decide to create a 5th coin available at 1 each to everyone who purchased the other 4, making it a limited edition coin with a specific number. Kinda like a bonus coin.

Edited by Kilted Cacher
I said I wasn't going to order any more coins until the ones I'm already waiting for come in, but I HAD to have 2 of these!!  Ordered, and paid for. Don't tell my wife ok?

I'm in the same boat as you JackSpratsMom&Dad. :huh: I promised the boss I wouldn't buy any more until some of the ones I have bought trickled in, but I had to have a Groundhog coin. (Well, three groundhog coins.) It is my FAVORITE holiday of the year.

One just can't beat the leftovers!

(It's also my favorite movie of all time.)

Nomad

of Nomad and the Librarians

Edited by Nomad and the Librarians