Bash Guards

BRTango

I've used a couple of Rino's for work, one has had the screen cracked from a hard bump in just the right spot... the screen on the other one has been seriously scratched up.

Luckily I haven't had any damage to my personal one, but don't want to take any chances.

Can anyone recommend a bash guard and/or a screen shield for a Garmin Rino 130. I know Amazon carries some but I haven't been able to find any reviews... also their pictures are lacking so I can't tell what exactly it protects.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Hounds of Meur

I am new to this but I got a used meriplat and it had some minor scratches that I removed with DISPLEX and then I put the invisibleshield on last night. It looks great and was easy to do. The shield has a lifetime replacement warranty and hope to have it hold up better. I would suspect that the plastic shield on the front would offer much better resistence to breaking as an added benefit to the scratch resistence. Ed ke6bnl

I've placed Invisible Shield on my PPC, GPSr and cell phone. These all are subjected to unreasonable abuse at times, both on job sites and while geocaching. All have taken substantial drops; a couple also managed to see some minor grinding take place before retrieval. All are still in use without much damage to the protective surface and the screens are intact and fully functional. As with many things, what seems fairly expensive at first blush is really a good deal when you consider costs of hardwear replacement and the inconvenience of being without while waiting for replacement and reload of all that data.

Bag o' Tricks

Get the Invisible Shield!!! Most of them are like 10 bucks, which isn't that much considering what you are getting. I would have paid much more. Lifetime Replacement Guarantee - that's unheard of and unbeatable. Not that you'll ever need it. My Garmin just gets tossed into the pack sometimes. I took it out once and pulled it against something hard. To my dismay the shield looked like it had bunched up a little, creating little waves on part of the screen. About ten minutes later it had healed its self and looks brand new. I completely abuse mine and I'm so happy. The best 10 I ever spent.

^^ike