Gsak + Pocketpc

OmniCitadel

Allright bear with me here...

i just started using gsak and well its very non user friendly especially some of the macros... im sure ill learn in time.

but i am going to do paperless caching and well i dont want to carry 500+ caches on my ipaq, so is there a way for gsak to make a .wpx file with all the caches sent to the gpsr?

also if you have any other ideas i would be much appriciative

Allright bear with me here...

i just started using gsak and well its very non user friendly especially some of the macros... im sure ill learn in time.

but i am going to do paperless caching and well i dont want to carry 500+ caches on my ipaq, so is there a way for gsak to make a .wpx file with all the caches sent to the gpsr?

also if you have any other ideas i would be much appriciative

Did you mean .GPX file? If so, use File=>Export=>GPX/LOC file (or ctrl-g). This will give you a GPX file of the current filter - run it just before or after your GPSr load and you'll get the same caches.

;) Ok, advice from a fellow IPAQ user who just went paperless. GSAK.. :P .Can't knock it. Cool little program. But it costs $8. Granted thats a drop in the bucket. :anitongue:

;) However I'm cheap. :P hee hee..

;) if you are looking for a very easy to use piece of software, that works flawlessly on an IPAQ, and gets the job done try downloading GPXview. Why? It's easy to use & Free.

Edited by The_Brownies

I export GPX files to my iPAQ using a GSAK macro. Here's a portion of the macro (which uses the saved filter named "Nearby"):

SHOWSTOP

FILTER name="Nearby"

IF $_FILTERCOUNT > 0

EXPORT TYPE=GPX  FILE=C:\GPS\GPX\Nearby.gpx

ENDIF

CANCELFILTER

I create multiple GPX files so they're small and managable on the iPAQ. I filter based on distance, container size, cache type, etc. Each of these GPX files gets copied to my iPAQ's memory card using MightySync. If you don't have too big of files, nor too many, you can just put them in the \My Documents subfolder used by ActiveSync by your device.

On the iPAQ I use the free GPXsonar program to view and use the GPX files. GPXsonar can also export files to PocketStreets (which I also have on my iPAQ) and waypoint files (so I can load them on my GPS's memory card if not already there).

As mentioned, start by using GSAK manually. Especially the filters and export features. Later, after you're comfortable with their function, you can automate them in a macro.

Edited by Xangxa
:mad: Ok, advice from a fellow IPAQ user who just went paperless. GSAK.. :blink: .Can't knock it. Cool little program. But it costs $8. Granted thats a drop in the bucket. :lol:

:blink: However I'm cheap. :blink: hee hee..

:( if you are looking for a very easy to use piece of software, that works flawlessly on an IPAQ, and gets the job done try downloading GPXview. Why? It's easy to use & Free.

What is it that costs $8.00?