2006 Compass Rose Geocoins

GeoCrickets

This is a great looking coin!

Looked at the Coins and Pins website with the link in a post above, and noticed that the section for the 2005 Compass Rose had this notice:

"Each coin is marked with a copyright notice on the edge of the coin. If your coin does not have this mark, then it is not a genuine compass rose coin."

Has copying been a problem with geocoins, or just this coin in particular, or is the notice just a preemptory thing?

Edited by GrizzFlyer
This is a great looking coin!

Looked at the Coins and Pins website with the link in a post above, and noticed that the section for the 2005 Compass Rose had this notice:

"Each coin is marked with a copyright notice on the edge of the coin. If your coin does not have this mark, then it is not a genuine compass rose coin."

Has copying been a problem with geocoins, or just this coin in particular, or is the notice just a preemptory thing?

preemptory I believe. There have been cases of their product being cloned (not necessarily geocoin related).

Check this 2006 Compass Rose coin out. Yep I am hanging on to this one since it very well might just be a one of a kind! ;)

BBB's 2006 Compass Rose Prototype......This one was a gift from two great friends for my 5K cache finds milestone.

Dang, that is sweet. I wonder if we will ever get to 5000...

--Marky

I have one I just bought on eBay -- another sample Compass Rose from CoinsAndPins. If somebody can tell me how to attach a photo to this post, I'll let ya see it. It's on my harddrive, not on the web somewhere, if that helps....

You have the same one I have... it's silver with a blue ring. There were 4 or 5 of those made.

AtlantaGal_trade_CRoseProtoBlue_Front300.jpg

I have one I just bought on eBay -- another sample Compass Rose from CoinsAndPins. If somebody can tell me how to attach a photo to this post, I'll let ya see it. It's on my harddrive, not on the web somewhere, if that helps....

You have the same one I have... it's silver with a blue ring. There were 4 or 5 of those made.

AtlantaGal_trade_CRoseProtoBlue_Front300.jpg

So there was more than 1 sold on the unmentionable site?

So there was more than 1 sold on the unmentionable site?

No. Tess sent me two and asked that I auction 1 for the charity of my choice. That's the one that's on the unmentionable site now. The blue one is the one I chose to keep... penn state fans like blue :rolleyes:

There are 2 other cachers that received the same offer as I did, but it's up to them to choose to reveal themselves or not.