Posting Images To Geocaching.com

g-people

The best way to host pictures to display on your own cache pages is to upload the image to the cache page itself. On the right side you'll see a link for "Upload Images."

After you upload, open the image and copy the URL into your HTML cache description to display the image.

Right now, you can even "delete" the image from your cache page (so that the list of images doesn't show up at the bottom of your listing) for a slightly cleaner look, but the image and URL remain intact. Jeremy has indicated in the past that "deleting" an image may someday really mean that, but for right now this functionality exists.

Jamie

The best way to host pictures to display on your own cache pages is to upload the image to the cache page itself. On the right side you'll see a link for "Upload Images."

After you upload, open the image and copy the URL into your HTML cache description to display the image.

As a possibly better alternative, you can upload images to your profile. That way, you don't have links on the page (or the images showing up in the cache's gallery), and don't have to worry about them getting deleted in the future.

How do you add a pic to just your profile...I'm probably just missing it, but I don't see an upload option in my member section tabs.  Thanks.

You would use the same process you used to upload your avatar, the profile and avatar image upload are next to each other. About half-way up in this thread is a post from The_Brownies linking to this post. You want to do steps 1-6.

:laughing: