Proposals

Can we have a category of "Fallen Heros" memorial? Related to any person that lost their life during a time of service. Example one I have in mind is a statue at our sheriffs office has a life size statue that was dedicated to the fallen sheriff officers of our county with the date of dedication and their names on a plaque.

This would be a good sub-category under People>Memorials. Could be divided into two sub-sub- categories:

1. Law enforcement/public safety/EMT & fire fighters and other non-military line-of-duty.

2. Military to include specific memorials as well as national and state veterans' cemeteries, both in the US and overseas. Would include, of course, the "national cemetery" equivalents of all countries.

Good idea if both creation of the waymark and subsequent visits are done with appropriate reverence.

Will

This would be a good sub-category under People>Memorials.  Could be divided into two sub-sub- categories:

1.  Law enforcement/public safety/EMT & fire fighters and other non-military line-of-duty.

2.  Military to include specific memorials as well as national and state veterans' cemeteries, both in the US and overseas.  Would include, of course, the "national cemetery" equivalents of all countries.

Good idea if both creation of the waymark and subsequent visits are done with appropriate reverence.

Will

I like how you suggested to divide it up. Good idea. I was trying to think of how that could be. I have about 3 spot that could only be a waymark due to the aweful SC law here about cemetaries and having a GPSr in hand at the same time. Can't be done any other way.

Edited by Parrolet