Screw Geocoins Geocoin

GeoCrickets

Here's some pictures of the 3 different geocoins and where you go to activate them:

The Screw Geocoin Update

Thanks for posting the link!

I'm still madly packing things so I can get all of the orders shipped!

I was a bit disappointed in how close the nickel and the silver plating look. We went with nickel since it looks like a screw. However, now that I see how close they are, we should have stayed with a brass or bronze finish on the standard coin.

And yes, the Geocoinclub has the activation codes loaded and ready to go.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Dave

Here's some pictures of the 3 different geocoins and where you go to activate them:

The Screw Geocoin Update

I was a bit disappointed in how close the nickel and the silver plating look. We went with nickel since it looks like a screw. However, now that I see how close they are, we should have stayed with a brass or bronze finish on the standard coin.

Dave

So is the silver coin the one with the coin under it? Or is it the one on the left side. People that would like to trade for the silver need some way that they are getting the silver.

Richard

The Screw Geocoin Update

Dave

So is the silver coin the one with the coin under it? Or is it the one on the left side. People that would like to trade for the silver need some way that they are getting the silver.

Richard

I'm pretty sure the silver is the middle one, and the the right one is the standard.

Both mine look silver too.

Same here. both of mine look identical

Both of mine look like the silver on the picture (I can't tell the two of mine apart), so I'm assuming I got 2 silver instead of 1 of each.

If you hold them side by side, the silver has a "whiter" look to it. I don't know how else to describe it.

The Screw Geocoin Update

Dave

Richard

Yes, the silver screw is the one in the middle with the coin underneath it.

I'm surprised you guys are so puzzled by this. There is a sure fire way to tell the difference between a silver screw and a nickel screw:

Drive the screw in question into the heart of the nearest vampire or werewolf. If the beast simply laughs at you, rips the oozing screw out of their chest, throws it on the ground, then either bites your neck or rips your head off (depending on whether you tried this with a vamipre or werewolf, respectively) then that screw was the nickel screw.

If however, the beast drops to the ground and begins foaming and smoking, eventually vaporizing off to a stack of bones, which then crumble to dust and then eventually just disappear, why then my friend, you got the silver.

:rolleyes:

Couple quick questions:

1) I paid for two "standard" coins. These ones look identical to the middle ones in that pictures. Should I just assume they are the darker ones to the right (nickel?)?

2) I am still new to coins, in fact these are the first personals I have even opened, is it cool to trade the other one I got and keep one?

Yes it is cool to trade a spare coin!

I'm surprised you guys are so puzzled by this. There is a sure fire way to tell the difference between a silver screw and a nickel screw:

Drive the screw in question into the heart of the nearest vampire or werewolf. If the beast simply laughs at you, rips the oozing screw out of their chest, throws it on the ground, then either bites your neck or rips your head off (depending on whether you tried this with a vamipre or werewolf, respectively) then that screw was the nickel screw.

If however, the beast drops to the ground and begins foaming and smoking, eventually vaporizing off to a stack of bones, which then crumble to dust and then eventually just disappear, why then my friend, you got the silver.

B)

:rolleyes::lol::P

Well I for one am glad that I paid the extra $ for a Limited edition silver which turned out to be not so limited(because of the gold) and now they tell me that mine look like everyone elses coins. Wow! Thanx :rolleyes:

Send them both back then.

Although the concept of the coin has had some great word plays to go along with it, when it comes right down to it, I don't want anyone to feel "screwed". My return address is on the envelope.

Let me know once you send them, and I will refund your payment. The silver will go to the next on the list, and the regular will go to the first on the waiting list.

Have a nice day. :lol:

I just got mine today. WooHoo! I can tell the difference fairly easily even with the coins still in the plastic packaging. I'm VERY glad I got a silver too.

Thanks to Cornerstone04, and any other behind-the-scenes helpers that I'm not aware of, for creating and delivering such a fun coin! You all rock! :lol:

Tinfoil-Hat Head

I was doing a search in my area, and there is actually a Screw Coin already in a cache in my area! Yippee!

I have the one in my profile, but I haven't logged one yet. I am going to try for this one tonight! Nothing quite like a wild-caught icon!

(If I get there in time, I will leave it for the next cacher to find, but I will log it first!

Got mine today..they are great. I wonder though why it's taking so long to get the activation # from the geocoin club.. anyone else have problems?

It should be nearly instantaneous.

Check your spam filter to see if it got caught there. If you still don't have any luck, email me the number. I have a sheet with all the codes here as well.

Dave

Got mine today..they are great.  I wonder though why it's taking so long to get the activation # from the geocoin club..  anyone else have problems?

Check your spam filter to see if it got caught there. If you still don't have any luck, email me the number. I have a sheet with all the codes here as well.

Dave

I had the codes disappear into the great void a couple of times. Not even into the spam folder. Since it has already been issued you'll have to email the admin of that site to have him email you the codes (that's what I had to do at least).

Got mine today..they are great.  I wonder though why it's taking so long to get the activation # from the geocoin club..  anyone else have problems?

Dave

I had the codes disappear into the great void a couple of times. Not even into the spam folder. Since it has already been issued you'll have to email the admin of that site to have him email you the codes (that's what I had to do at least).

In this case, it seems we had misread a "2" as a "Z"...Oops! :lol:

I was able to do a wildcard search through the original spreadsheet to find out what got mixed up!

Got mine today..they are great. I wonder though why it's taking so long to get the activation # from the geocoin club.. anyone else have problems?

My activation code also took quite a while to recieve. I activated 3 coins on GeoCoinClub today. 2 of them were instant and the screw took about an hour to make it to my mailbox.

I would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement on this project. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.

And for those of you that don't, lighten up! It's the holiday season! Stop being such a screwge!  :rolleyes:

I had to do it... :lol:

Is this light enough fer ya I got screwed twice today! :P

ok that was bad, but I'm not taken' it back

Pepper

Edited by Pepper
I would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement on this project. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.

And for those of you that don't, lighten up! It's the holiday season! Stop being such a screwge!  :rolleyes:

Is this light enough fer ya I got screwed twice today! :P

Pepper

I hope that happens to me when I get home from work today B)

And for those of you that don't, lighten up! It's the holiday season! Stop being such a screwge! :rolleyes:

Way to go... LOL. Ya'll (yes I'm in the south) need to give him a break over the screws! He's gone above and beyond to be helpful to me!!!! I hope that I will get to support his coin ventures again!!!

Screws rule. :P

WOOO HOO got my 2 today, my wife thought it was a set of keys through the package. now i have to decide if i should trade one or make it a FTF prize..mmmm and a greatr job with something that kinda started out as a gag. Now if the earth coin would get off the ground

Edited by oldnavy59

I had to do it... :P

Is this light enough fer ya I got screwed twice today! B)

Pepper

Pepper, if I smoked, I would be lightin' one up right now. :D

:lol:

Ok, I'll stop before I really get in trouble...

everyone must've recieved theirs today... there is one on ebay already.... :rolleyes:

It's funny that you bring this up.

I just finished going through all of the geocoin auctions and saw 4 or 5 different auctions up.

BEWARE! I made things difficult by not recording the tracking numbers of the silvers that went out. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have.

There is one seller that has two auctions listed, and both of them say they are for a Silver screw. Nobody got two, and in the picture on the auction, you can see the difference in the two screws...somebody is going to get...well, you get the picture.

I had half a mind to list a gold screw just to mess up their auctions! :lol:

everyone must've recieved theirs today... there is one on ebay already.... :rolleyes:

It's funny that you bring this up.

I just finished going through all of the geocoin auctions and saw 4 or 5 different auctions up.

BEWARE! I made things difficult by not recording the tracking numbers of the silvers that went out. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have.

There is one seller that has two auctions listed, and both of them say they are for a Silver screw. Nobody got two, and in the picture on the auction, you can see the difference in the two screws...somebody is going to get...well, you get the picture.

I had half a mind to list a gold screw just to mess up their auctions! :P

Wow, I can't believe peopledo this... :lol:

everyone must've recieved theirs today... there is one on ebay already.... ;)

It's funny that you bring this up.......

................I had half a mind to list a gold screw just to mess up their auctions! ;)

Wow, I can't believe peopledo this... ;)

DO IT !!! list the gold !! **screw** up their auctions!!

Im really not a vindictive person. :P:anitongue: