Kansas Coin

Ladycacher

The reason for the tornado is simple. I lost my house and belongings back in 1999. This memory is MY strongest of Kansas out of the 23 years of my life there. I also remember being scared to death when the sirens went off and how every first Monday of the month (in good weather) they would test the sierns. When people think of Kansas, one of there thoughts is "Tornado Alley".

When I went to design a LE Shaped coin I went with the tornado because of my own experience. Everything on that coin was designed by me. I did not ask for help from anybody and the coin maker did not "do it for me". I am proud of that design because that coin MEANS something to me.

I thank you for your opinion. I think that your statement is a little harsh considering you knew nothing of why I made that coin. Honestly, I made it more for me than for the state.

Also, 12 people died in that tornado that night. I was at home with my son when the tornado hit my house. It is something you never forget, even down to the smells and exact sounds.

The reason for the tornado is simple.  I lost my house and belongings back in 1999.

My 'tornado' post was intended in jest. Perhaps I did not use enough smiley faces. I'll re-edit.

I would submit sir, that tornados are not what we would refer to as a matter for jesting.

Edited by Shop99er

UPDATE:

Straight from the email of my coin Wizard....

The Tornado coin 6XXX-XXXX will ship 2 January 06. The Kansas coin 6XXX-XXXX will ship 5 January 06. The rates go up 8 January. You'll have about 3 days to pack and ship to beat the price increase…

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
The Tornado coin 6XXX-XXXX will ship 2 January 05.  The Kansas coin 6XXX-XXXX will ship 5 January 05.  The rates go up 8 January.  You'll have about 3 days to pack and ship to beat the price increase…

well you seem to be almost 12months late in getting them to us :blink:

Any report on if those on the waitlist for the tornado will be able to get any?

I should be on the list for 1.

The Tornado coin 6XXX-XXXX will ship 2 January 05.  The Kansas coin 6XXX-XXXX will ship 5 January 05.  The rates go up 8 January.  You'll have about 3 days to pack and ship to beat the price increase…

Any report on if those on the waitlist for the tornado will be able to get any?

I should be on the list for 1.

well you seem to be almost 12months late in getting them to us

Not sure what that statement means.

I am not trading, selling, or otherwise until all coins have been shipped. THis is at the request of my husband.

The dates are January 05... hence the smiley there as well. ;)

sorry for the confusion. :wub:

didn't want to allude that you were holding them too long, just that there was a typo as to the year they are shipping to you.

Unless they are giving you same day delivery, shipping on the 5th doesn't give you 3 days to send them out to us. :ph34r:

You wrote January 05. You meant 06. Next year is 2006. The poster was utilizing a dry sense of humor.

LOL!! I didn't even notice that. I took that from the email and didn't proof read it.

Thanks for pointing that out!

:blink:

I am soooo late on this but wouls like to be put on the wait list for 1 whatever is left.....I was in a tornado once in North Dakota while driving to a family reunion. My oldest was 3 mos old and we had to get out of the car and lay in a ditch and the tornado passed only 30 feet from us and the car. I was terrified!! I will never move to tornado prone areas. I can't handle the pressure.

I am soooo late on this but wouls like to be put on the wait list for 1 whatever is left.....I was in a tornado once in North Dakota while driving to a family reunion. My oldest was 3 mos old and we had to get out of the car and lay in a ditch and the tornado passed only 30 feet from us and the car. I was terrified!! I will never move to tornado prone areas. I can't handle the pressure.

Check your email....

I wanted to update everybody on the KS coins.

I was told they would be here on the 2nd but there was no mail yesterday. I expected them to be here today because of the no mail yesterday but they did not come today either.

So now I expect them tomorrow. I will let everybody know right when they show up. If the coins come before or on the 7th, I will have them all out by the 8th to beat the postage increase.

Thanks

Lastest update:

The Kansas coin was set back a week do to some issue with the grain on the front, I did not ask for details so I do not exactly know what the issue was. I am assured that the coins will be here next week.

The die broke for the Tornado coin, but I was told that coin will ship on Monday.

I hope to have the coins by the end of next week, I will notify everybody if there is any other changes.

Thanks