Kansas Coin

Ladycacher

I wanted to start a new thread for Questions, Answers, Updates, and Waitlist. This way there is no clutter from the other thread. Anything that has to do with this coin post in here.

We (my husband and I) are going to start getting mailers ready tonight for when the coin gets here. By Sunday I will have a total count on how many of each coin is left (minus the people who have not paid yet).

If you missed out on any of the coins please start a new waitlist here. I am re-starting because I offered the people that missed out on the tornado a shot at the silver first before it went on sale (seemed only fair).

I will post updates as often as I get them. I will also be posting the final artwork for the Tornado coin when I get it.

I have responded to all emails and sent all invoices (that I know of) as of this post.

Please email through my PROFILE if anything is needed.

Thanks to everyone again for your purchases.

I purchased all 3 coins. I requested an invoice for the Silver Coins after I paid for the other 2 styles. As Of yet, I don't have an invoice, and I want to pay you. The "Pay Now" tab is still showing on my eBay page.

I emailed through your profile with all my names included.

Thanks

Edited by rojeel
I purchased all 3 coins. I requested an invoice for the Silver Coins after I paid for the other 2 styles. As Of yet, I don't have an invoice, and I want to pay you. The "Pay Now" tab is still showing on my eBay page.

Thanks

I was in the same situation as you, but I clicked on the Pay Now button I noticed that the total had been updated. I hadn't received any e-mail telling me that it had been updated. Maybe you should click on it to see if yours has been updated.

--Marky

I don't understand the E-Bay and Paypal differences. Paypal shows I paid for one LE edition at $12 and the second invoice shows paying for one LE and two regular for $28.00. When I go to E-Bay, they show only two regular coins and one LE coin. Can you help me out?

Thanks

If you are still having this problem email me please. The last fews days we have been busy so I will get everything and everybody caught up tonight if I can.

LadyCacher,

Has Groundspeak approved the Tornado art yet?

We are working on it through CoinsandPins, they take care of it. They did say that there is nothing wrong with the coin and there should not be a problem. What the problem is now is no tracking numbers. We were supposed to have them two weeks ago.

LadyCacher,

Has Groundspeak approved the Tornado art yet?

We are working on it through CoinsandPins, they take care of it. They did say that there is nothing wrong with the coin and there should not be a problem. What the problem is now is no tracking numbers. We were supposed to have them two weeks ago.

I'm sure Tess at C&P will get you taken care of :-)

I must say I am offended, as a new resident of Kansas, at the crass commercialization and perpetuation of the "tornado myth" vis-a-vis Kansas, all brought on back in 1936 with the release of that infernal movie, "The Wizard of Oz." :anibad:

In point of fact, TEXAS actually has had almost three times as many tornadoes as Kansas has had, followed by #2 OKLAHOMA. Kansas is a distant number three ranked in terms of sheer numbers of tornadoes. Florida has had just one fewer tornado than Kansas, since the dawn of recorded weather history sometime around the end of the premeteorozoical era, when the rooster-shaped anemometer was invented by Neandertal bronzesmiths. :anibad:

In another point of fact, TEXAS leads in statistical deaths, injuries, and property damage due to tornadoes. Kansas doesn't even rank in the top five for deaths or the top ten for injuries! That's because Kansas has more desolate, barren, empty flatness than any other state, and fewer people statewide than live in Houston! :lol:

So please, a more fitting coin to depict Kansas would be a featureless rectangle with the top right corner kinda chewed off like a dog got aholt of it. The coin would be perfectly and utterly smooth, with no writing, numbering or other surface features to disturb the flatness of it. And it would be made of a very very cold metal. No matter what you did you simply could not warm it up. :lol:

Let's not perpetuate the myth that Kansans are constantly being sucked off the earth by Tornadoes. There are many great things about Kansas that you could put on a coin. Our sunflower, our wheat, our...

...well, our sunflower and our wheat for two but I'm sure there are many other great things... I haven't lived here really long enough to see more than that sunflower and the wheat but I'm sure there has to be something. :)

:lol:

EDIT: The preceeding post was completely in gest. The coin looks great. I've sprinkled in some smileys in case anyone doesn't get my dry sense of humor.

Edited by Hugh Jazz
I must say I am offended, as a new resident of Kansas, at the crass commercialization and perpetuation of the "tornado myth" vis-a-vis Kansas, all brought on back in 1936 with the release of that infernal movie, "The Wizard of Oz."

In point of fact, TEXAS actually has had almost three times as many tornadoes as Kansas has had, followed by #2 OKLAHOMA. Kansas is a distant number three ranked in terms of sheer numbers of tornadoes. Florida has had just one fewer tornado than Kansas, since the dawn of recorded weather history sometime around the end of the premeteorozoical era, when the rooster-shaped anemometer was invented by Neandertal bronzesmiths.

In another point of fact, TEXAS leads in statistical deaths, injuries, and property damage due to tornadoes. Kansas doesn't even rank in the top five for deaths or the top ten for injuries! That's because Kansas has more desolate, barren, empty flatness than any other state, and fewer people statewide than live in Houston!

So please, a more fitting coin to depict Kansas would be a featureless rectangle with the top right corner kinda chewed off like a dog got aholt of it. The coin would be perfectly and utterly smooth, with no writing, numbering or other surface features to disturb the flatness of it. And it would be made of a very very cold metal. No matter what you did you simply could not warm it up.

Let's not perpetuate the myth that Kansans are constantly being sucked off the earth by Tornadoes. There are many great things about Kansas that you could put on a coin. Our sunflower, our wheat, our...

...well, our sunflower and our wheat for two but I'm sure there are many other great things... I haven't lived here really long enough to see more than that sunflower and the wheat but I'm sure there has to be something.

:anibad:

Speaking as a native Kansan, I can say that Kansas has a MUCH better PR Department regarding tornados. :anibad:

I must say I am offended, as a new resident of Kansas, at the crass commercialization and perpetuation of the "tornado myth" vis-a-vis Kansas, all brought on back in 1936 with the release of that infernal movie, "The Wizard of Oz." 

In point of fact, TEXAS actually has had almost three times as many tornadoes as Kansas has had, followed by #2 OKLAHOMA.  Kansas is a distant number three ranked in terms of sheer numbers of tornadoes.  Florida has had just one fewer tornado than Kansas, since the dawn of recorded weather history sometime around the end of the premeteorozoical era, when the rooster-shaped anemometer was invented by Neandertal bronzesmiths.

In another point of fact, TEXAS leads in statistical deaths, injuries, and property damage due to tornadoes.  Kansas doesn't even rank in the top five for deaths or the top ten for injuries!  That's because Kansas has more desolate, barren, empty flatness than any other state, and fewer people statewide than live in Houston!

So please, a more fitting coin to depict Kansas would be a featureless rectangle with the top right corner kinda chewed off like a dog got aholt of it.  The coin would be perfectly and utterly smooth, with no writing, numbering or other surface features to disturb the flatness of it.  And it would be made of a very very cold metal.  No matter what you did you simply could not warm it up.

Let's not perpetuate the myth that Kansans are constantly being sucked off the earth by Tornadoes.  There are many great things about Kansas that you could put on a coin.  Our sunflower, our wheat, our...

...well, our sunflower and our wheat for two but I'm sure there are many other great things... I haven't lived here really long enough to see more than that sunflower and the wheat but I'm sure there has to be something. 

:anibad:

Speaking as a native Kansan, I can say that Kansas has a MUCH better PR Department regarding tornados. :anibad:

Tim is a native Kansan too and has been in his fair share of tornado's "back home!" We are not offended!

Isn't the icon going to be a sunflower and isn't there wheat on the regular coins. Seems all bases have been covered to represent the state well!

We love the coins and can't wait to get ours.

Thanks!

^V^

Edit for spelling...duh!

Edited by FlyinV